A little help with Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
I recently bought two coaching CDs released by a company called Digital Media called the Virtual Teacher series which teaches Maya Fundamentals and C programming in my mother tongue Malayalam.Each of them costed me Rs.200.

I now want to create a backup of these Cds.But the problem I face is that
whenever I select all the files in the CD and try to copy to another directory
I get the error : "Cannot copy the:Cannot read from the source file or disc."

Iam sure that the disc is not damaged or scratched.Both CDs give the same error when copying.
The content structure of both Cds are the same.They have

The files:-

Autorun.inf
CAT.ico
MSCOMCTL.OCX
msvbvm60.dll
OfnMSC9x.idt
OfnMSC16.idt
ofnMSCALL.idt
Player.exe
Player.idt
tsccvid.dll

And Folders:-

Indy = 0bytes
pic = 15.09MB
subfile_ =0bytes

All other files and folders except Indy and subfile_ can be copied.They cant be opened too.When I try to open them it gives an error message that:

"H:\Indy refers to a folder that is unavailable.It could be on a hard drive in this computer or on a network.Check to make sure that the disc is properly inserted or that you are connected with the network and try again. If it still cannot be located it may have been moved to another location."

Is this some kind of copy protection?
How can I get around this?
I have legally purchased his software and just want to have a copy in my computer just in case the CDs get damaged.
Please digit geeks please help me..........

shantanu

Technomancer
dont give these kind of Thread title.. this might end up in another closed thread... remember next time..

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
ISO Buster will help U
*www.isobuster.com/

this is a free software that omit bad sector and fill Dummy data.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/03a.gif
If u want PRO functionality*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/22a.gif u must buy it otherwise its Free.

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Hmmm.. ok. Try creating image of the CD (not just copying).

Step by step guide ;)
*www.magiciso.com/howto/howto.htm#Make ISO from CD-ROM

I created the ISO image of the CD using MagicISO.It also doesnt work.Actual size of the CD is 378MB and the image has only 34MB of data.When I mount it using daemon tools and try to open the exe file it wont work.:confused:

ISO Buster will help U
*www.isobuster.com/

this is a free software that omit bad sector and fill Dummy data.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/03a.gif
If u want PRO functionality*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/22a.gif u must buy it otherwise its Free.

It said that there was a bad sector in that disc and asked me what to do.I selected the option for filling dummy data and waited for about 15mins.
It was just stuck at 0%.

I was wondering if a local company like this could incorporate such tight security what was EA and Microsoft doing to check piracy?

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
I think u got the CD from infokairali mag publishers?
well,is it a pressed CD? I dont think So.also,the quality of CD's given by them are not good imo.
it is not any copyright things that is creating problem,it is the CD itself which is NOT upto standards.
may be u can get a new DVD writer or try on ur friends PC to copy!
if all fails in window$,use fedora or Ubuntu GNU/Linux and mount the CD,try copying,if fails:
use the "dd" command which can get max data out of the disk:inafct there is "dd_rescue" or "dd_rhelp" in Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora that is esp for restoring data from CD/DVDs. :)
here is the usage of dd command:
*wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Dd_rescue

*www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/ddrescue/

Best of Luck!
edit:even better-ask infokairali office in kaduthuruthy,Kottayam for a replacement CD/DVD.even ur bookstall can help in this.esp if u had bought from mindstorm etc ;)

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
I think u got the CD from infokairali mag publishers?
well,is it a pressed CD? I dont think So.also,the quality of CD's given by them are not good imo.
it is not any copyright things that is creating problem,it is the CD itself which is NOT upto standards.
may be u can get a new DVD writer or try on ur friends PC to copy!
if all fails in window$,use fedora or Ubuntu GNU/Linux and mount the CD,try copying,if fails:
use the "dd" command which can get max data out of the disk:inafct there is "dd_rescue" or "dd_rhelp" in Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora that is esp for restoring data from CD/DVDs. :)
here is the usage of dd command:
*wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Dd_rescue

*www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/ddrescue/

Best of Luck!
edit:even better-ask infokairali office in kaduthuruthy,Kottayam for a replacement CD/DVD.even ur bookstall can help in this.esp if u had bought from mindstorm etc ;)

I have 2 CDs with me C programming and Maya Fundamentals.Can both of them have the same problem?
If so then is there any windows software available for the purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom