A light review of a very expensive Home Theatre

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I might have mentioned that my friend has a Thiel Audio home theatre system. I'll elaborate on that.

Cost:
His entire setup (excluding the display) costs around 38 lakhs.

- Two Thiel Audio Tower speakers with three subs each, two midrange and a tweeter. 11 lakhs
- One Thiel Center channel Dual Midrange and tweeter. 2 lakhs
- Two surround speakers (these are some weird flat type of speakers, something I've never seen before. 7 lakhs
- Two 400 watt subs on the side.(Cost dont remember)
- Two something-something Amplifiers costing 8 lakhs. Each of these weigh about 160 pounds.
- And a whole lot of other amps and LD/DVD players all somehow amounting to 38 lakhs (I've seen the bills).

The sound.
I knew he had these speakers for at least a year now but never got a chance to hear them since the projector was broken. Now that he got a new LCD projector, we were invited to watch "The Day after Tomorrow" DVD.

Seriously, I've never had such a movie experience. The 100 inch screen (2 lakhs) is only a quarter of the experience. It is much much much better than Inox theatre. (And plus, his mom brings us pop corn and cold drinks during the movie!).

Now I'm not complaining. I'm more than happy with my Logitech Z5500 system and it does, it does compare, but I guess once in a way it is good to indulge in the luxuries of...

Just thought I'd write about it.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Now,where is that......neighbouring village.....GOA...?.I think he is a firangi on feni or a Mamu..who has knocked off sum heavy Govt booty....or else Abu Salem's unknown half-brother!
Wasting away 38-40 lakhs on a HT in India,where 90% ppl (majority) even think it a Life's BEST dream of even purchasing a 38 k Stereo, is a BIG criminal offence...case Should be immediately booked under TADA/POTA,etc,etc :lol

Ch@0s

In the zone
Either ur friend got conned or he doesn't care about his money. The most expensive Thiel is 7.2 and that costs arnd 12000$ (around 10% more in India). So there are no 11lac thiel floorstanders in existence unless someone was a moron enuf to spend so much on it :p. Also for that price, a B&W 800D is a way better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom