8500GT or 8600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
which one to buy?

budget = 7k.

is 8500GT worth it, i wud be playing games like "Test Drive Unlimited", CMR DiRT, & many FPS games, & i wud like to play all of them at atleast 1024x760 resolution:))

or shall i get 8600xx from USA? its gonna cost around US $150 (~6k)? i'm concerned about product quality (defects...), so thats why i prefer to get here in India itself.

= Sparkle gfx. card price list

8500gt= 6250 (gddr3)
8600gt= 9100 (gddr3)

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
For the games you've mentioned , I don't believe the 8500GT would cut it..
Dude, when you're getting the 8600GT for arnd 6k form US, why wait?
(The 8500gt cost arnd 6k if bought in India...)
99% you won't have problems of defects if its box-packed...

Who

Guess Who's Back
Don't buy from sparkle, there 8600 GT cards sucks too much get a XFX, galaxy, MSI (they pack supreme commander full version) game with there 8600 GT , but don't buy from sparkle.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
s1800rpm...thnx for the query i was thinking to starts something on similar lines :D

Btw can u get one card from US for me...i can pay u in adv ....if ur getting it for urself... ;)

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Huh?It is the first time I have seen 8500 with gddr3 memory!
Its ddr2 in xfx *www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...orce™+8500&seriesId=1054322#popupLarger
Leave the 8500 it is of no use to your games.

Also in xfx there are 2 8600 cards
*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...rade;+8600&seriesId=1054321&productId=1054324
It would be a bargain if you manage to get the "8600 xxx" card from US.It costs about 7000 there and is much more powerful than the other.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
u should go for 8600gt if u want to play those games...
but my suggestion would be to wait for ati hd2600xt to come out..it will be here in july..then u can buy the best midrange card...& the prices will go down to

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
thanks guys.

getting from USA is best choice,(obviously), but i was afraid of the defect thingy (my frnds here @chennai freigthned me:x).

okay so i'll try to get it from USA, most probably thru courier:(

=======
@wizrulz, its no problem for me , i'll be in Chennai in month of "June" too.
if you've frnds here, you can tell them to collect it frm me:). this'll be easier , cleaner & safer.:wink: or if no frnds here, tell me what i've to do:) (courier...)
=======

any particular brand/model/package (games:))) to look for?

XFX is a bit costly:(, i will be Overclocking the card on ASUS P5B m/b.

again thanks guys:)

====================================
thnx arsenal, this is what i'm thinkin of getting:))

GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI XXX edition = ~Rs.6,728

Shader Clock:1355 MHz
Memory Clock::arrow:1.6 GHz
Dual Link DVI - Supporting digital output up to 2560x1600:
Dual
Clock rate:620 MHz
Chipset:GeForce 8600 GT
Memory: 256 MB
Bus Type:pCI-E
Memory Type:DDR3
Memory Bus:128 bit
Highlighted Features:SLI ready , Dual DVI Out , TV Out , RoHS , HDTV ready

Last edited:

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
me too getting the 8600 GT from Canada..but one ques.. y won't the 8500 GT able to play TD Unlimited , NFS like games ?

BBThumbHealer

Shloeb said:
8500GT has the performance equivalent to a 6600 gt

but a graphics card is a graphics card..it adds to the display..i don't understand y won't it b able to run games ? n moreover..its a DX 10 GPU :confused:

Who

Guess Who's Back
BlackBerry7100g

8500 GT will play ever game that has been realsed but you won't enjoy them, why ? because playing games at 640 x 480 low settings isn't a good way to enjoy them, so you should get a 8600 gt if you want to play the new games at some decent settings.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Nice prices, too bad it is not for AGP anymore :(. My current rig is more then enough for Vista & an AGP 8500GT is all I m looking for.

Don't wanan go to the ATI camp, but rumars are that the Radeon 2400 HD will release in AGP. Oh well....I don't game anymore so, even that will be good for Vista features & Full video decoding.

BBThumbHealer

guys..i m buying the 8600 GT but was just inquiring abt the 8500 GT to add to my knowledge that how does a low GPU affects the system ...

and @ sukhdeep ...which shop in Chandigarh and which market ? sec-17 ?..i m getting the 8600 GT for $200 from Canada ! its really cheap in chd.. :D..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom