($800) 40,000 gaming build. Please review

OP
digit1191

digit1191

In the zone
dont have cash da. have to settle with i5 3450 + GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H if i want to get that 7850

how about Newegg.com - ASRock B75 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ?

koolent

Youngling
If you want to game everything at 1080p, well this is the rig to go for..

Everything is nice and ready.. Go for it... OC the GPU too if you want.. Well, its not required.. U can play evrything maxed out on full HD....

OP
digit1191

digit1191

In the zone
Shall i get B75 or H77 ? H77 is $100 . . B75 is $85 after shipping. both are ATX. or shall i look for other motherboard options ?

i read that the difference is the OC, that make the cost higher.

Since i am not OC'ing the CPU, its fine. No performance is lost if i get B75.

What do you guys think ?

also a mod on toms suggested me B75 because i will not be OC'ing the CPU

koolent

Youngling
If you do not want to OC and save money there, it all depends upon you.. Upon your decision.. You will not mention any performance difference in the processing power.. kinda big deal. Go for it if you don't want to OC.. But again.. Look for ASUS or Gigabyte.. The best motherboard companies...

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
The best 7850 out there is the his 7850 iceq x turbo x. It is better, cooler and quiter than any other 7850 out there. Get it.
I think the b75 chipset is for medium businesses and comes with management features, so get the h77.

OP
digit1191

digit1191

In the zone
u mean this ? HIS IceQ X H785QN2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Newegg.com - HIS IceQ X H785QN2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

im gonna get the HIS IceQ X as planned before as it is cheaper. And if gigabyte is a better brand i'm going with Gigabyte H77 board

koolent

Youngling
So, finally it must be 2500k+7850 turbo iceQ+h77 ...

Do not change this !! Reaally nice config. For 40k.

koolent

Youngling
ya. my sis will buy those parts :) i ll buy rest of the hardware in chennai in july

Mske sure everything is good with a nice and good. Seal and non tampred... Best of luck :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
So, finally it must be 2500k+7850 turbo iceQ+h77 ...

Do not change this !! Reaally nice config. For 40k.

Why are you misleading the OP (Although he is not misguided)? Pairing a K series SB processor in a H77 motherboard doesn't make any sense as H77 doesn't support Overclocking. Another problem is as he is going with SB instead of Ivy Bridge, PCI-E 3.0, couple of USB 3.0 ports will be disabled which get their bandwidth from the Ivy Bridge CPU.

OP
digit1191

digit1191

In the zone
Another problem is as he is going with SB instead of Ivy Bridge, PCI-E 3.0, couple of USB 3.0 ports will be disabled which get their bandwidth from the Ivy Bridge CPU.

@Cilus . I am not getting SB. i am getting i5 - 3450 . And i actually dont understand your post. If i get IB USB3.0 ports will be disabled ?

koolent

Youngling
@ Cilius - Are sorry naa.. Now what should I do.. It was a real bad typo though... CORRECTED

Sorry OP. :p

OP
digit1191

digit1191

In the zone
no prob :) i have already given the final list as
i5 3450
GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Will be buying in 2 to 3 weeks i think.
Mods please dont close thread till then.
Will start a new thread when buying the other components

Cilus

laborare est orare
@Cilus . I am not getting SB. i am getting i5 - 3450 . And i actually dont understand your post. If i get IB USB3.0 ports will be disabled ?

You got exactly opposite, if you get SB then the disabled part will come. I was referring the 2500K. The reason is now a days Intel packs everything like PCI-E Bus, SATA III and USB 3.0 bus etc inside the CPU which previously used to be present inside Motherboard South-bridge chipset.
Now Ivy bridge offers USB 3.0 controller as well as more number of PCI-E lanes or in other words more bandwidth for the external components. If you plug SB then you won't get the extra bandwidth, hence disabling couple of USB 3.0 ports.

OP
digit1191

digit1191

In the zone
oh okay :) now i get u :) thanks for the info. I posted my finalized build.
I sent a mail to get all those components

Top Bottom