70k Basic Office Use PC- Only Preference is Reliability and Durability

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Excel, Busy, Tally (Accounting Softwares), Basic Chrome.
Buy assembled desktop with components from good brand (MSI/Gigabyte etc.)
For your requirement a 256GB SSD is more than enough with 500GB HDD. Get Core-i3 CPU

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Hello all! Everything said here made sense and I have decided to tweak the build a bit, tagging everyone because I will be finalizing the purchase within 1-2 days-

@sumit05 @omega44-xt @silverrahul @quicky008 @Nerevarine @SaiyanGoku @Zangetsu @TheSloth

This is the build along with the price I am getting on amazon with-

CPU - Intel i3 10100 - 10,895

Mobo - Asus TUF 560M Plus -14144

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz C18 - 6100

M.2 SSD - WD SN 570 500gb- 5267

HDD - WD BLUE 7200RPM 1 TB- 3680

PSU - Corsair CX450M 80+ bronze - 3300

Cabinet - DEEPCOOL MATREXX 40 3FS - 3550

Monitor - Dell E2421HN 24" 1080p IPS - 12200

UPS - APC 700VA LINE INTERACTIVE - 4400

DELL WIRELESS KB/M- 1390

Total - 64.7k

This being a business expense, the actual cost excluding GST as per Amazon will come out to be around 55k.
Though M.D Computers, Primeabgb, vedant etc. had lower prices than Amazon, but Amazon clearly shows the price w/o GST and the billing process is also hassle-free.
Anyone know if M.D Computers, Primeabgb or vedant allow business purchases, or will include our GST no. in the bill?

i3-10100 is perfect for the kind of work this desktop is required for, but I am a little confused about the Mobo.
There will of course be no overclocking of any kind attempted on this desktop. So should I go for a b460 or a b560?
Also, I know spending more on the motherboard than the CPU is absolutely insane, but my primary concern being durability I thought it would be a good place to spend a little extra. Any other reliable motherboard suggestions would be more than welcome. (How is Asus Prime 560m? Gigabyte DS3H 560M???)

Also, if I have a few thousand bucks to spare, are there any more reliability upgrades I can do? (not performance)
Any better PSU if I spend 2-3k more? HDD or cabinet?

Lastly, thank you everyone for your valuable comments! Almost 10 years ago, I was totally unaware about computer hardware and completely in the hands of this computer service guy who came 10 times a year to fix this shitty computer he got me. Thanks to thinkdigit and its members, I was able to assemble my first PC, which is still running smoothly!

Hello all! Everything said here made sense and I have decided to tweak the build a bit, tagging everyone because I will be finalizing the purchase within 1-2 days-

@sumit05 @omega44-xt @silverrahul @quicky008 @Nerevarine @SaiyanGoku @Zangetsu @TheSloth

This is the build along with the price I am getting on amazon with-

CPU - Intel i3 10100 - 10,895

Mobo - Asus TUF 560M Plus -14144

M.2 SSD - WD SN 570 500gb- 5267

HDD - WD BLUE 7200RPM 1 TB- 3680

PSU - Corsair CX450M 80+ bronze - 3300

Cabinet - DEEPCOOL MATREXX 40 3FS - 3550

Monitor - Dell E2421HN 24" 1080p IPS - 12200

UPS - APC 700VA LINE INTERACTIVE - 4400

DELL WIRELESS KB/M- 1390

Total - 64.7k

This being a business expense, the actual cost excluding GST as per Amazon will come out to be around 55k.
Though M.D Computers, Primeabgb, vedant etc. had lower prices than Amazon, but Amazon clearly shows the price w/o GST and the billing process is also hassle-free.
Anyone know if M.D Computers, Primeabgb or vedant allow business purchases, or will include our GST no. in the bill?

i3-10100 is perfect for the kind of work this desktop is required for, but I am a little confused about the Mobo.
There will of course be no overclocking of any kind attempted on this desktop. So should I go for a b460 or a b560?
Also, I know spending more on the motherboard than the CPU is absolutely insane, but my primary concern being durability I thought it would be a good place to spend a little extra. Any other reliable motherboard suggestions would be more than welcome. (How is Asus Prime 560m? Gigabyte DS3H 560M???)

Also, if I have a few thousand bucks to spare, are there any more reliability upgrades I can do? (not performance)
Any better PSU if I spend 2-3k more? HDD or cabinet?

Lastly, thank you everyone for your valuable comments! Almost 10 years ago, I was totally unaware about computer hardware and completely in the hands of this computer service guy who came 10 times a year to fix this shitty computer he got me. Thanks to thinkdigit and its members, I was able to assemble my first PC, which is still running smoothly!
Call, md, vedant, etc for GST stuff.

Honestly the mobo is overkill for i3. Better mobo is required if you have a mobo that can pull high power, like i5 draws more power than i3 & so on. You can easily cheap out. Gigabyte B460M DS3H should also be fine, if you aren't saving 1k+, get B560 variant.

There's no way to judge durability, $500+ mobos from Asus fail as well.

PSU should be fine, Corsair is good.

See if you can save decent money on RAM by downgrading. Don't go below 2666. No point of anything above 2666 with B460, I think.

nac

Aspiring Novelist

My primary concern being durability I thought it would be a good place to spend a little extra.

Yes, MDC will include your GST no. in your bill. Read their TnC and you will know. My cousin bought pretty much everything from them few months back.

I don't think paying more would bring any more reliability than already is. But for your peace of mind, spend more if you have to. I would settle for ASUS Prime B560M A.

You sure you want 16gigs of RAM for office use?
Not sure if you meant it sarcastically.
Exactly my thought :lol:

Which brand should we look for motherboard if not Gigabyte and Asus?
My comment was on getting a Platinum-rated PSU.

I will rate Asus & MSI as top mobo manufacturers with Gigabyte & AsRock for relatively cheaper ones. I won't recommend mobo from other brands. I know Gigabyte & AsRock make higher end mobos but usually Asus & MSI are just better or better priced, like Asus TUF is usually a good choice without being too expensive.

Top Bottom