7-zip application question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drzpapi1985

Right off the assembly line
Hello there..
After i compress files using 7-zip, is there any way i can get those files to extract automatically just by double clicking on them?

Winrar seems to have the feature SFX script commands which is very useful but i dont think 7-zip does.

OP
D

drzpapi1985

Thanks for the fast reply!
I know i can create SFX archives with 7-zip but i dont see the option to enter any commands like for the archive to be extracted automatically to a directory...

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Not exactly what you asked for, but .7z files can be opened with the right-click menu ("Extract files" or "Extract here") by associating them with 7-zip under Folder Options in the usual way.

Rahim

Married!
He wants to extract 7z archives without installing 7zip program itself in other PCs as winrar or winzip are quite common.
7zip has an option of self-extracting.

PS: Why not carry Portable 7-Zip in a pen drive :) No need to install in any PC!!

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
EDIT: I checked and found that you have to Tick "Create SFX archive" under 'Options' in archive creating pop-up window.

OP
D

drzpapi1985

I guess i wasnt clear about this..
I just compressed some files using the 7-zip application with the "create sfx archive" option.. But what i want is for the file i just created to be extracted to a specified directory automatically!

Using winrar when i tick the "create sfx archive" i have the option to put the path for the file to be extracted to... But with the 7-zip application i dont see any sfx archive options to mess with..

Does 7-zip support these commands like winrar does or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom