6600GT problem !!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovik

Banned
I have a 865GBF intel original board, 1GB RAM, 2.4GHz Processor, 450Watts of power. I have recently bought a XFX 6600GT 256MB graphics card. I did a clean install of Windows XP and installed the lates 81.98Forceware drivers from Nvidia and DirectX 9.0c.

The problem is that whenever I try to play NFS-mostwanted or NFS-underground and a few other games after sometime of gameplay the pc freezes and I have no other way left either than to restart the PC.

I am stuck with this problem and have no idea what should I do. Please help me out from this problem....

OP
shovik

shovik

Banned
not solved !!!

I have pretty wel ventilated cabinet and moreover when ever I play games I open the sliders of the cabinet. Plsss help me....

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmmm...
You can check out following things:-

1.There could be a lack of supply voltage to ur card. So,make sure that you have a very good PSU from branded companies like Coolermaster or Antec or Thermaltake.
2.Now for the moment of change, just clean your whole cabinet for sure. ok?
3.Now tell me have you overclocked your graphics card?
If yes, then try changing it to defaults.
4.Make sure that, you have'nt damaged card, by chance. Please thoroughly check the card's surface.
5.And finally,you can try some cooling units for your GPU, like Zalman VF900 or Arctic NV silencer!

OP
shovik

shovik

Banned
checked it but to no use!!

I have an e-life 450Watt PSU. The temperature on the driver management console says the shutdown temperature to be 145 degrees and my my current gpu temperature remains about 59-63 degrees. I haven't overclocked my card, its running on default settings.

But still I don't have any clue on why this is happening.....

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
hmmm..
I got the same problem, with my older 6600 too. Finally sent it to get replaced.
You can do one thing, Try uninstalling all of the dirvers again and then do a fresh install again.
And please tell me the power at +12V rail of your PSU, which is attached to your graphics card?
And do remember to set the clockings in 3D rather than 2D.

OP
shovik

shovik

Banned
trying !!!!!!!!!!

My 6600GT is the AGP version card and it has only option for a power connector and not the molex connector u refered to. The temperature is stable but still it freezes. But anyways thanx my friends for all your kind suggestion....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Re: trying !!!!!!!!!!

shovik said:
My 6600GT is the AGP version card and it has only option for a power connector and not the molex connector u refered to. The temperature is stable but still it freezes. But anyways thanx my friends for all your kind suggestion....

molex connector = power connector

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Latest drivers are 84.21 and not 81.98 (dunno why we got these in digit cd)
But i dont think thats the major issue.
Since u havent overclocked( which is the main reason behind such hangs) it seems that ur CARD is faulty. Get it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom