55 inch TV For World Cup 2023

Dr. House

No Regrets
1. Budget? upto 80k
2. Display type and size? 55 inch
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? OTT, football, cricket sometimes gaming
4. Types and number of ports required? HDMI 2.1 should be there for future ready
5. Preferred choice of brand? Sony, LG, Samsung, TCL
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? Sony 55X82L, X55X85K, LG OLED A2 55"
7. Any other info that you want to share. Need urgently for world cup

Last edited:
LG A2/A3 55" will be the best bet unless you have a bright room, wait for sale, starts on 8 Oct as early access for prime/plus members. I guess you can miss a few matches for a better deal (likely only IND vs AUS). Right now LG A2 55" is 90k, which will likely fall to 80k in the sale:

1695868290945.png

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Room is not much bright, curtains are there. People are complaining of poor brightness in A2 series and 60Hz frame rate at this price is a bummer. Many people complaint about OLED screen burn issue after 2-3 years of use.

How about Bravia 120Hz 55X85K and FALD model of 2022 XR-5590K?
Any upcoming model in this range like Hisense 55" U7K ?
Any Samsung model for 80k?

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Only Samsung Frame is worth considering but it seems its not available offline to get demo. Other models are Q70 Q80 which are ridiculously priced. If you can get X90K in your budget, imo you should go for it.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Only Samsung Frame is worth considering but it seems its not available offline to get demo. Other models are Q70 Q80 which are ridiculously priced. If you can get X90K in your budget, imo you should go for it.
How about upcoming Hisense FLAD mini LED TV 55" U7K ? At amazon they priced it for 55k and will get free amazon fire stick 4K and crazy 4 years of warranty with that. In US it sells like hot cakes and comes with Android 12 out of the box but here it has VIDA OS. Why companies stopped giving android out of the box now, including VU masterpiece of last year.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I think everyone is moving to Google TV. Even Sony is pushing Google TV in their lineups.

I didn't mention U series since it was above your budget of 40K even after stretching it by a bit. Its definitely has better hardware and combining it with Firestick will be much better experience with it instead of their own OS. May be you can give a feedback on the OS part.

It will be better if you can get demo of Mini LED(of some other brand) in some showroom to get basic idea of it and know how does your TV shows and sports(if this is a requirement) looks on it.

EDIT:
I confused your thread with another similar on going thread. Sorry. Your budget is 80K. Got it!

Last edited:
OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
I think everyone is moving to Google TV. Even Sony is pushing Google TV in their lineups.

I didn't mention U series since it was above your budget of 40K even after stretching it by a bit. Its definitely has better hardware and combining it with Firestick will be much better experience with it instead of their own OS. May be you can give a feedback on the OS part.

It will be better if you can get demo of Mini LED(of some other brand) in some showroom to get basic idea of it and know how does your TV shows and sports(if this is a requirement) looks on it.
Google TV is based on android bro. It’s not some new OS but just a interface of android TV.

U7K is not yet released but on amazon from tomorrow. And it is priced so lesser than big brands TV. Maybe because of poor service.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I know both are from Google. I just meant to say even big brands like Sony are pushing Google TV and their TVs are selling normally so interface isn't an issue to try.

Yes I see that it is on pre-order right now. Its a gamble, buying without a demo, choice is yours to make.

Sony is priced higher because it is in very high demand. If Hisense can build huge customer base and still improve its QC then their TV will also be in demand and priced higher. Another factor is how much the internal components costs, although I do not know if Hisense is using cheaper components, e.g. compared with Samsung's mini-led.

What about Vu? did you check if you have Vu or Hisense service center in your city? I do not know if you can check in service center about which model comes most for QC or for what reason, if you can, then will be able to finalize.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
I know both are from Google. I just meant to say even big brands like Sony are pushing Google TV and their TVs are selling normally so interface isn't an issue to try.

Yes I see that it is on pre-order right now. Its a gamble, buying without a demo, choice is yours to make.

Sony is priced higher because it is in very high demand. If Hisense can build huge customer base and still improve its QC then their TV will also be in demand and priced higher. Another factor is how much the internal components costs, although I do not know if Hisense is using cheaper components, e.g. compared with Samsung's mini-led.

What about Vu? did you check if you have Vu or Hisense service center in your city? I do not know if you can check in service center about which model comes most for QC or for what reason, if you can, then will be able to finalize.
Yeah! buying any TV without demo is difficult. Rtings reviewed the unit and got very well score of this U7K mini LED model.
I have a VU in one of my room. Service is okayish of that. VU doesn't offer Android/Google TV in higher range like Masterpiece QLED series and it is outdated like 1.5 years old. No new models coming. Hisense is actually OEM of VU I guess. No idea about service as I never saw anyone using any Hisense device.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Atleast get the demo, it might help in deciding if mini LED in this budget is absolutely worth it with the risk of bad service or you can go with mid range Samsung TV in this online Oct Sale.
Also, if you happen to get dead pixels after 2-3 days of installation, the you need to contact service center only. If the dead pixel count is more than 10 or so, only then they will honor warranty.
Sony Samsung LG all have this count as minimum 15 dead pixels

Motion handling is best in Sony. I would recommend your shortlisted model in first post.

Last edited:
Room is not much bright, curtains are there. People are complaining of poor brightness in A2 series and 60Hz frame rate at this price is a bummer. Many people complaint about OLED screen burn issue after 2-3 years of use.

How about Bravia 120Hz 55X85K and FALD model of 2022 XR-5590K?
Any upcoming model in this range like Hisense 55" U7K ?
Any Samsung model for 80k?
Hisense U7K seems good, but prebook it for 4 year warranty & Fire Stick 4K.

Sony TVs are good in general, check it offline & see if its worth the money for you. No FALD for X85K. X90K has lower number of zones vs U7K but Sony's picture quality tuning & HDR tuning are considered great.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Hisense U7K seems good, but prebook it for 4 year warranty & Fire Stick 4K.

Sony TVs are good in general, check it offline & see if its worth the money for you. No FALD for X85K. X90K has lower number of zones vs U7K but Sony's picture quality tuning & HDR tuning are considered great.
XR-90K is not available now. Waiting for real reviews of Indian variant of Hisense mini-LED 55 inch U7K model. It looks promising.

Watched Vineet's review, TLDW:
450nits of peak sustained brightness (it should be higher in HDR videos at 10% window, based on rtings.com review for 65" but Indian model is different as Vineet mentioned)
10000:1 contrast ratio
240 FALD zones
98% DCI P3 coverage

I will say still a great option for Indian market at 55k. Brighter panel would have been better, but it has no competition at this price if you want a 4K 120Hz TV.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Watched Vineet's review, TLDW:
450nits of peak sustained brightness (it should be higher in HDR videos at 10% window, based on rtings.com review for 65" but Indian model is different as Vineet mentioned)
10000:1 contrast ratio
240 FALD zones
98% DCI P3 coverage

I will say still a great option for Indian market at 55k. Brighter panel would have been better, but it has no competition at this price if you want a 4K 120Hz TV.
Please check review of TechieBeez and reply.

She has demonstrated 700 nits of HDR brightness.

Only competitor is Vu masterpiece 55 inch IPS panel. But android OS has been removed to earn more profit.

Please check review of TechieBeez and reply.

She has demonstrated 700 nits of HDR brightness.

Only competitor is Vu masterpiece 55 inch IPS panel. But android OS has been removed to earn more profit.
I really hate how this lady & Vineet sometimes gives contradictory opinions & even tests. That lady has called out Vineet indirectly as well, saw it once, didn't see the other way around but I don't watch all videos of Vineet. Hence I don't rate either of them as good, but I prefer Vineet among them as his data is closer to actual & he mentions some nitty gritties. Also, side by side comparison shown on a video is useless, same for audio.

Coming to her U7K review, she got 700nits at 25% window, 500nits at 100% window vs Vineet's testing at 100% window which resulted in 450nits. So acceptable for both, but still can't digest a 50nit difference. Also, I feel these are SDR brightness, not HDR brightness tests, else they would have mentioned it. Either they lack that much technical competence or don't want to make it too technical. Something she failed to mention about vidaa OS is that it lacks jiocinema, which is gaining a lot of popularity.

Bigger panels potentially can get brighter though. For reference, rtings.com's test of 65" U7K (VA panel, but Indian 65" is IPS) results in 500nits of peak SDR brightness at 100% window & 680+ nits at 25% window.
www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/u7k-u7-u75k

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
I really hate how this lady & Vineet sometimes gives contradictory opinions & even tests. That lady has called out Vineet indirectly as well, saw it once, didn't see the other way around but I don't watch all videos of Vineet. Hence I don't rate either of them as good, but I prefer Vineet among them as his data is closer to actual & he mentions some nitty gritties. Also, side by side comparison shown on a video is useless, same for audio.

Coming to her U7K review, she got 700nits at 25% window, 500nits at 100% window vs Vineet's testing at 100% window which resulted in 450nits. So acceptable for both, but still can't digest a 50nit difference. Also, I feel these are SDR brightness, not HDR brightness tests, else they would have mentioned it. Either they lack that much technical competence or don't want to make it too technical. Something she failed to mention about vidaa OS is that it lacks jiocinema, which is gaining a lot of popularity.

Bigger panels potentially can get brighter though. For reference, rtings.com's test of 65" U7K (VA panel, but Indian 65" is IPS) results in 500nits of peak SDR brightness at 100% window & 680+ nits at 25% window.
www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/u7k-u7-u75k
There are vast differences between Indian and international models. Hisense U7K getting poor rating for their picture quality as well.

Now I have 3 choices Vu masterpiece qled tv, sony 82L or LG nano cell 91 model.

There are vast differences between Indian and international models. Hisense U7K getting poor rating for their picture quality as well.

Now I have 3 choices Vu masterpiece qled tv, sony 82L or LG nano cell 91 model.
Yes

But still Indian Hisense U7K is better than Vu Masterpiece based on reviews I watched.

Also, LG A2 55" is 70k on FK with ICICI CC. That trumps the rest easily unless you have a very bright room.
www.flipkart.com/lg-139-cm-55-inch-oled-ultra-hd-4k-smart-webos-tv-pixel-dimming-magic-remote/p/itma74f09f2dda00?pid=TVSGFGYSJBXVKU3V

Top Bottom