50,000 configuration

blagame

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Gaming , movies , downloading
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes am open
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:53k
4. Planning to overclock?
A:no
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Win 7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500 gb
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:dunno
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:5
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:no assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:next 10 -15 days
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:no dont need usb3 n stuff
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:a expensive mobo
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Mumbai wanna buy frm here only
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: wanna spend 3k on mousepad and headphone ... dont need kboard , ups , speakers ....

sorry double posted mistakenly

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here goes your config:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090TBE (6 core, 3MB L2, 6 MB L3)@ 11.6k
ASUS M4A87TD EVO @ 6.4k
Kingaton 4GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 3k
Sapphire HD6850 @ 11.4K
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Seasonic S12II 520W @ 4.2k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
Logitech MX518 gaming mouse @ 1.2k
Sennheiser Headphones HD 201 @ 1.21K

Total 52.71K

Cilus

laborare est orare
i5 760 is just a little ahead of 1090T in gaming. But in other applications 1090T is better. Another thing is day by day all kind of software are getting highly multithreaded and a 6 core processor is a better future proof option.
AMD motherboard prices are also lower and @ 6K you are getting SATA 3, USB 3 etc.
Another thing is although you've mentioned that no plan for over clock, 1090T is a hell of a overclocker and with the stalk cooler 3.6 GHz is not a problem. Using AMD overdrive utility you can overclock it from Windows, no need to go to BIOS.
So a better choice altogether.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then why didn't you mention that you need a HD 6870? I could have change my suggestion then.
Intel options:
Intel Core i5 750 @ 8.5k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 @ 6.4k
Power Color HD 6870 @ 14.5K

Now I think everything is within your budget.

Cilus

laborare est orare
yes I have.
Just changing the CPU
Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4 GHz @ 7.7K

Add the extra 4K budget to your graphics card. Done.:smile:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Depends upon your usage. If you are a hard core gamer, gaming for several hours or overclocking then putting extra fan will always help.

mumblehere

On The Game
if u get phenom 965, 955, u most likely will end up getting a discrete cpu cooler in future. so 2k loss. u can put that in i5 760, which is far better than above cpus, provided gaming is ur primary concern.

Cilus

laborare est orare
mumblehere, from where you get that piece of information..may I know?

Some of the Phenom II 955 has a loud stalk cooler n it has been reported by some of our forum members, but Phenom II 965... It is one of the coolest design and can get past 3.6 Ghz easily without any extra cooling.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Along with the processor, no one provides any software as for a software to run you need other compatible components. You have to download it from amd SITE. It has a very good guide also. Overclocking a Black edition processor is really very easy using AMD Overdrive.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@blagame

Go for the i5 750 or 760 according to your budget alongwith a 6870. Much powerful than phenom 2 x4's, and are very cool thermally owing to lesser TDP. They are also great overclockers.

In fact i5 760 is the recommended gaming cpu across all categories mentioned by tomshardware.

Top Bottom