5.1 Home Theatre within Rs 20k

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
I have a 32" LG Jazz Theatre LH60 LCD TV, PS3 Slim and Xbox 360 Slim with an Airtel HD DTH connection all connected via HDMI. I would like to add a 5.1 home theatre system to my setup for watching TV, movies and gaming purposes. I am not an audiophile but want a good setup with support for THX and Dolby DTS. My maximum budget is Rs 20,000 and would like suggestions on which home theatre system to buy. So please pour in your expert opinions.

Thanks

OP
A

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Thanks guys for your inputs. I looked up the Onkyo HT-S3400 and found that it suits my needs perfectly. I'll get it next month. Appreciate the help.

OP
A

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Actually, I couldn't resist and bought the setup yesterday. Initial impressions are it's absolutely awesome. Now spending some time to fiddle with the settings and getting the best sound setup for my room. Thanks guys for your help.

Edit: I want to buy a pair of stand for the surround speakers and came across the Tono Systems HT-X26. Are these compatible with the Onkyo surround speakers?

The link is below:

*www.ebay.in/itm/Tono-Systems-Speak...2?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3f0ed09d0a

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Actually, I couldn't resist and bought the setup yesterday. Initial impressions are it's absolutely awesome. Now spending some time to fiddle with the settings and getting the best sound setup for my room. Thanks guys for your help.

Edit: I want to buy a pair of stand for the surround speakers and came across the Tono Systems HT-X26. Are these compatible with the Onkyo surround speakers?

The link is below:

Tono Systems Speaker Stands HTX-26 | eBay

are you there on HFV ?! recently an 'Onkyo HTS3400 owner's thread' has been created there. you would get a good support there.

*www.hifivision.com/home-theater/21456-onkyo-ht-s3400-owners-thread.html

Broken In

From where did you buy Onkyo 3400 and how much you paid?

I am planning to buy it this week in Delhi/Gurgaon.

Top Bottom