40k Gaming/Rendering pc.

Vikrant93

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: 3d modeling with Blender / Gaming at 1600x900.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:43K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:GPU only

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500 GB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No, 20 inch 1600x900

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:monitor,keyboard,mouse,speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Mid august

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Built by me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Buying from primeabgb online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Is primeabgb reliable?

I asked for quotation online to primeabgb, here is the price list.

1 & 2.) CPU= AMD FX 6300+ GA970A –DS3 @ 12700/-

3.) GPU= Zotac GTX 660 2GB @ 15500/-

4.) PSU= Seasonic S12ii 520W @ 4100/-

5.) RAM= G.Skill 1 x 4 GB DDR3 1600mhz@ 2650/-

6.) Case= NZXT Gamma @ 2450/-

7.) Hard Drive= WD Blue 500GB HDD for desktop @ 3450/-

8.) DVD drive= Samsung DVD burner @ 950/-

9.)Shipping=950/-

Total=42750

Blender 3D uses CUDA cores of the graphic card and only supports NVIDIA, that's why I added this GPU instead of a Quadro/Firepro. The 6 cores will help me in rendering too for Cpu only features in Blender 3D.

dude1

Journeyman
Nice build... You can get sapphire amd 7850 too... both have nearly same performance .

OP
V

Vikrant93

Nice build... You can get sapphire amd 7850 too... both have nearly same performance .

Blender 3D uses CUDA cores of the graphic card and only supports NVIDIA, that's why I added this GPU instead of a Quadro/Firepro. The 6 cores of fx 6300 will help me in rendering too for Cpu only features in Blender 3D.

Thank you for the compliment.:razz:

Can anyone here answer if primeabgb is reliable?:-?

Last edited:
OP
V

Vikrant93

Get the ECS A970MA-Delux motherboard, available at 5.5K in Theitdepot.

Why? The gigabyte one that I chose has 2 USB 3.0 ports and also it has Dual BIOS. I am not going to using FX 8350 or FX 8320 so why ECS. Apart from these points, these mobos are nearly Identical.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why? The gigabyte one that I chose has 2 USB 3.0 ports and also it has Dual BIOS. I am not going to using FX 8350 or FX 8320 so why ECS. Apart from these points, these mobos are nearly Identical.

Please check the review of the Motherboard I have posted and then shoot guns at me. The ECS board is of better quality, 4 USB 3.0 poets and 6+1 phase VRM design.

OP
V

Vikrant93

Please check the review of the Motherboard I have posted and then shoot guns at me. The ECS board is of better quality, 4 USB 3.0 poets and 6+1 phase VRM design.

Buy Online ECS A970M-A-Deluxe 32GB DDR3 AMD Motherboard in india

The IT depot has wrong specs,Sorry I didn't bother to see the ECS official site.:razz:
I will consider it.:-D

Top Bottom