3G iPhone announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Called Vodafone and they said that the iphone 3G will be available from August and there is not dataplan or price detail avaliable as of now.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
iPhone 3G on Airtel/Vodafone Pre-Booking

Hi ppl,

Airtel and Vodafone have already started to take pre-bookings for the iPhone 3G.

I did not find any plan details or price as such, but have just registered to see what happens. Mods, if this topic has already opened, pls merge cos I didn't find any in the search.

These are the links to follow.

h**p://www.airtel.in/iphone3g

h**p://vodafone.in/existingusers/iphone/pages/book-iPhone.aspx

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: iPhone 3G on Airtel/Vodafone Pre-Booking

my frnd from NY tells me dat iPhone 3G are worst. He said it is good but has some incompability issues with its feauters included.:(

Pat

Beyond Smart

^^ Huh ? What ?

@OP: Its here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90116&page=6

goobimama

 Macboy

my frnd from NY tells me dat iPhone 3G are worst. He said it is good but has some incompability issues with its feauters included.:(
The iPhone 3G has not even been released yet. Dunno where your friend is getting his info.

Merged the threads btw.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz

The iPhone 3G has not even been released yet. Dunno where your friend is getting his info.

Merged the threads btw.

sorry dat wasn't iphone 3g dats iphone.
BTW there is no vast diference between iphone 3g & iphone.

iphone 3g has 3g network support, GPS function & rest remains same as iphone.

Vodafone will launch iphone in September !! :(

Dear neeraj vohra,

Thank you for booking your new iPhone 3G, with Vodafone. We will keep you updated on its price, features and availability in due course.
Till then, if you have any further queries feel free to call us on 111 (toll free) and we'll be happy to help.

Happy to help,
Vodafone Care

Email vodafonecare.del@vodafone.com

Visit www.vodafone.in

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Yes, you can. You haven't signed a contract or agreed to any terms and conditions. The pre-booking is just for them to get a handle on how much interest there is for the device.

sorry dat wasn't iphone 3g dats iphone.
BTW there is no vast diference between iphone 3g & iphone.

iphone 3g has 3g network support, GPS function & rest remains same as iphone.
iPhone 3G is also supposed to have better battery life, speakers and reception, among other things.

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
Yesterday, Times Of India carried a header ad of Vodafone anouncing pre booking of iPhone.

Fellow Friends were saying Steve Jobs has announced the price will increase from 180$. Is there anything true in the news ?

does the 2/3 contract mean we cannot change the provider. something like locked!
But we can unlock it, cant we ?

Imagine Nano on the roads and Iphone in pockets!
Wow!
Wonder how Reliance, TATA and others will compete against this surge!

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey can I use iphone without taking new sim with it.. As I am using airtel postpaid already...So will airtel provide me iphone to use with my this postpaid..
then how will be the contract...?

If i have to buy new sim with iphone then its crap,......:O

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Fellow Friends were saying Steve Jobs has announced the price will increase from 180$. Is there anything true in the news ?
Base prices have reduced, it was never for $180 in the first place. The base price of the iPhone is $199.
does the 2/3 contract mean we cannot change the provider. something like locked!
Contracts mean it will be locked, but yes, we can unlock it.

@Arunks: Not sure about that, I doubt that you will need a new SIM though.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, unlock it.....But remember, you've signed a contract.....They'll still want you to pay the rentals....:D...So, whats the benefit of using another SIM?? You're going to still pay the rentals & other things for 2 years......

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The price of the iPhone 3G 8GB is $199. It’s expected to retail for less than Rs. 10,000 in India.

Yes, it does.

Yeah, most probably, but there’s hardly any point now given that you have to sign up for a two-year contract before you leave the store with the phone. Why would you want to unlock it and lose access to features like Visual Voicemail when you’re going to have to pay the monthly rental every month for two years anyway!

Wonder how Reliance, TATA and others will compete against this surge!
They’re all screwed!

hey can I use iphone without taking new sim with it.. As I am using airtel postpaid already...So will airtel provide me iphone to use with my this postpaid..
then how will be the contract...?
Every iPhone 3G will come with a a new SIM already placed in the slot. When you buy the phone (at Apple, Airtel and Vodafone stores only), you’ll have the option to transfer your existing number to the new SIM (i.e. if you already were on Airtel or Vodafone) and have your plans changed to the ones that will be mandatory for iPhone users. You’ll retain your number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom