30 GB Zune for Rs 4,000 - good idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Hi,

With the introduction of Zune 2, the original 30GB zune is selling for rock bottom prices. There's currently a deal at buy.com for a 30 GB brown (yuck!!) zune for $100 (around Rs 4,000).

I dont fancy the looks of the zune (esp brown color), but at 4k rupees, it is too hard to resist. Seems too good a deal for a 3 inch video display + 30GB hard disk + video out etc. Also there's a firmware update announced in November that will bring in a lot more features (and maybe iron out the software bugs that plague the zune currently).

Personally I like the ipod touch better, but I'm not able to convince my conscience to spend $300 for an 8GB device

On of my friends is coming back from US and I'm planning to ask him to get the zune for me. What do u guys think?..good deal rt?

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
@4k a zune 30 is a steal, altho u mite wan2 remember dat d number of vdo formats supported is limited as of now

other than that IMHOit is a decent PMP to have

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
OMFG, if they advertise this in the newspapers along with the Microsoft tag (to make people believe that this is not some cheap chinese product), it could actually sell like hotcakes!

OP
G

gulgulumaal

Broken In
slugger said:
@4k a zune 30 is a steal, altho u mite wan2 remember dat d number of vdo formats supported is limited as of now

Yeah as of now only wmv is supported. But the firmware upgrade promised in Nov is supposed to enable support for other formats like divx (among other things)

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
gee i would like it at 4000 Rs.....But i wont use it

Pry out parts of it & meddle with the memory of zune....Its damn cheap man

But personally i dont like zune ver 1 ...lot of revies lying around telling u not to for it

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
alsiladka said:
OMFG, if they advertise this in the newspapers along with the Microsoft tag (to make people believe that this is not some cheap chinese product), it could actually sell like hotcakes!

I just mailed this to Microsoft India consumer device marketing team. :D

Go ahead & buy the Zune 30 GB. U won't be disappointed & u can use many formats other then WMV to playback without any conversion required either officially (firmware update) or unofficially (hacked codecs)

arunks

Hey here is the aks
gx_saurav said:

Go ahead & buy the Zune 30 GB. U won't be disappointed & u can use many formats other then WMV to playback without any conversion required either officially (firmware update) or unofficially (hacked codecs)

hey man isn't this available in india...?
if yes then at what rrate and from where

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I envy those who have someone in US now. 30gig zune for Just 4k. Man. I will buy myselft 2 or 3 of them (if I was in US) :-(

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
gx_saurav said:

I hope they do market it properly. I was even utterly dissapointed with Microsoft's Vista promotion in India. They started their promotion after the launch of Vista (if i am not wrong). They simply did not capitalize on the impulse of the urban indians.

They should have promoted it from around a month or so to the launch with promos like Pre-Order to avail of discount (I know apple has made leopard available for pre-order, but i had this idea right from the Vista launch days, i did not "copy" apple), the newspapers should have had full page ads, there should have been demo computers are CCDs, Barristas. Business's should have been invited to free demo's on Vista (It happened, but only for MS partner's i thinkg). Even Xbox 360's promos died down too soon! People should be made aware of the official price and price cuts!

Microsoft should really rethink its marketting stratergy in India!

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey guys cant we buy online from that site itself....Do they ship to india...?

and also they give 10$ discount on new user of google checkout

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^they don't ship to India and yes they do give additional 10$ discount on new users of google checkout.

US people are way richer than most of us(generally speaking) and they have access to such cheap stuff.damn.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Zune is available on MS Company store for us MVP for a rock bottom price of $100 which we don't need to pay anyway :D

OP
G

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Anyone looking to buy zune, there's a good deal at woot.com

30GB brown zune @ $79.99 + $5 shipping - but it seems to be sold out now
30GB black/white zune @99.99 + $5 shipping.@ *shopping.yahoo.com/

Note that they are selling refurbished items (but in my experience refurb is good enough)

Advantage over the buy.com deal is that buy.com order will ship only in late Nov, whereas woot will ship in 5 days max. Also woot has black/white instead of brown (which looks shitty)

PS: I've asked my friend to to get a black zune for me :)

OP
G

gulgulumaal

Broken In
The_Devil_Himself said:
thats cool man but(and what a big but) refurbished products just cannot be trusted IMO.

I've bought quite a few refurb items when I was in US..never really had a problem with any of em..dunno...might be my experience :)

OP
G

gulgulumaal

Broken In
The_Devil_Himself said:
BTW do they ship to India?I know buy.com don't.30gb ZUne @4-5k aint a bad deal.

Nopes...I dont think any of these sites ship to India. Coz there wud be problems at customs clearance (duty).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom