20k - Whats the best deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
There is the Motorola ZN5. If you don't want smartphone features or GPS found in N82 then you can save around 3k and get the ZN5 instead. It has an excellent camera and sound quality is better than that of N82. Display is 2.4", same as in N82.

As for C905 it is not launched yet. And won't be in your budget even after it is launched.

jingalala

Broken In
The C902 has an equally good cam(maybe a bit worse)

Dude:p

My friend has both the phones.

Outdoor and in good light/sunshine the c902 really rocks. It handles almost every situation well and you are very unlikely to get a crappy picture if you just follow basic photo "know how". Shooting with the sun in your back and against the object and so on.. It handles landscape pictures better than N82 and i have never seen a mobile phone who captures trees and stuff like that so beautifully. It also rules in Makro where i got really crisp and detailed/sharp pictures. It has better camera controls and the touch-buttons works really well. And the most important factor that the c902 remembers your settings so next time you flip the lens cover open, the cam are adjusted like you left it. Imagine this when you spend a day in sunshine or a cloudy day and the phone always is ready to shot with your beloved settings each time you want to take a picture.. The c902 works really well in plain auto also and thats very important i think.
The only downside with c902:s are indoor shooting. It is difficult to capture nice indoor pictures. Dont know if this has to do with how the focus system works or what. But just as faultless as it is outdoors, just as difficult his c902 were indoors. The face-detection is a joke and really slow. The % of good pictures indoors where rally bad compared to his N82
The N82 is an impressive piece. It is but ugly compared to the beautiful and slim c902 but build quality arent bad for being made of plastic. It´s really feature packed with GPS and Wifi and all that. Bigger screen and so on. I think it is less good in auto than the c902, it takes some adjusting of the cam to get the best out of every situation just as said earlier. When adjusted right it takes beautiful pictures and it rules indoors with the strong xenon flash. The % of my indoor shots without flash are also better than c902. So in my eyes it´s the best "allrounder". The N82 doesent remember your settings so if you are at the beach a sunny day you will have to fiddle around with the settings of the cam every darn time you want to shoot a picture and change wb to "sunny" and stuf like that. This is really annoying compared to the c902. The N82 screen are harder to see in strong sunlight just as someone said and the N82 has worse battery life.

Coming to the best deal at 20k:

1)If you don't want a smartphone go for ZN5.Excellent sound quality & 5mp camera.Crystal talk technology for excellent reception.
2)If you want the best allrounder get the N82.Trust me it's an awesome device.You won't regret your decision.
3)If you can increase your budget a bit you can look for C905 which will be my next phone

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^ yaar post with proof na that C902 rulez in camera infront of N82 ( daytime )

and for remembering setting use the USER DEFINED scene for N82

Coool

I'm Back!:D
Yes. Three different colour covers will be provided with the phone. And the best part is that each of these covers have a special chip embedded in them which changes the theme of the phone according to the colour of the cover. So if you put on a green cover on the N79, the theme of the phone will change to a green coloured one, if you put the red, theme will change to red colour, etc. :)

Thanks boss:D. that's really coool..

OP
G

geekyme

Broken In
So, anyone else speculating a price fall in N82 ? Or is it just me?

One last query,
my friends are recommending me to go with N95 instead of N82. Can anyone please tell me which one in good in what? And what should 1 keep in mind before choosing among the two.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
One last query,
my friends are recommending me to go with N95 instead of N82. Can anyone please tell me which one in good in what? And what should 1 keep in mind before choosing among the two.

Promise us dat this is ur last query...:D

If u want screen size then --> N95
if u want light weight fone --> N82
if u want excellent pics -- > N82

Now no other queries pls...:mrgreen:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
So, anyone else speculating a price fall in N82 ? Or is it just me?

One last query,

I used n82 since dec till september mid .. super duper awesome phone .. now moved onto n95 8gb ... both phones are same, hardware wise .. same ui , phone operation speed ..n82 costs 19.3k where as n95 8gb costs 24.4k ... if ur into camera more, then get n82 ..the active lens cover ( best till on any mobile ) , xenon flash are super excellent .. camera performance is same for both phones .. if ur into videos then go for n95 8gb .. sound quality through headset is better in n82 whereas n95 8gb sounds louder and clear than n82 through its speakers .. also those multimedia keys are very handy ..display is a bit better and larger in n95 8gb .. u get infrared as well as pencil key option in n95 8gb .. keypad of n82 takes time to get used to..but its excellent once ur used to it .. keypad of n95 8gb is very good as well ..

have a look at both devices then decide for ur self ..both are equally good phones :)

nikhilpai

Techans
I used n82 since dec till september mid .. super duper awesome phone .. now moved onto n95 8gb ... both phones are same, hardware wise .. same ui , phone operation speed ..n82 costs 19.3k where as n95 8gb costs 24.4k ... if ur into camera more, then get n82 ..the active lens cover ( best till on any mobile ) , xenon flash are super excellent .. camera performance is same for both phones .. if ur into videos then go for n95 8gb .. sound quality through headset is better in n82 whereas n95 8gb sounds louder and clear than n82 through its speakers .. also those multimedia keys are very handy ..display is a bit better and larger in n95 8gb .. u get infrared as well as pencil key option in n95 8gb .. keypad of n82 takes time to get used to..but its excellent once ur used to it .. keypad of n95 8gb is very good as well ..

have a look at both devices then decide for ur self ..both are equally good phones :)

@yogi7272: How are u managing the lack of camera lens cover. I guess u will always need to carry it alongwith its cover ?

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@nikeel - no need of a cover .. the lens is bit on the inner side .. hence if handled properly u wont need to worry about scratches on glass.. also read a article on all about symbian about it , where the author concluded that even few scratches wont matter ..

for camera centric device , n82 is the way to go .. led flash of n95 8gb is pathetic ..u cant even use it while video recording ..

OP
G

geekyme

Broken In
Okay guys .... I've made up my mind and I am buying a N82 Black in the next 2-3 days.
Thanks for your suggestions!

I just hope the price of N82 falls before I buy !!! Keeping my fingers crossed till then !

OP
G

geekyme

Broken In
^^^ And when are they going to be launched?
I've been waiting for about 2 months to get my cell, so I am a bit impatient !

Power UP

In the zone
I don't think price of N82 will fall that much. N85 & N79 are the successors of N95(classic) & N73 from specs(although somethings are missing too).

Both of them are not Cam flagship phones of Nokia. Unless we get a clear picture of cam flagship for example 8mp with Xenon, N82 price will probably hover around its current price.

For example launch of N96 reduced the price of some models like N95-8gb,N95 etc. but N82 still stayed at its same price range.

Scorpion

Journeyman
well, I believe N79 release will definetely bring the price of N82 down.... though N85 may be priced above N95 8GB.
I suggest you wait till the christmas season... some time in Nov will be a great time to buy. Actually, I am waiting for it. N85.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom