20k Budget - One Final Thought !

Status
Not open for further replies.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Hii guys ... I began my budget with 10k ... and then increased it to 15K.

Now, since I've done my engineering exams well, I've have got a budget of 20k to get my cell. :D

I am looking forward to SE K850i.
Mainly because of:
1. Excellent 5 mp camera.
2. Superb & Unique Stylish Design.
3. Loud Music.

I also thought of the N82 but, I was not very happy with it's keypad. And secondly, I am not really a symbian fan also !

If there are any other "should-buy" phone in this range then please advise.

Also, please put down your views (both good and bad points) for K850i.

Thanks in advance !

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I still sincerely feel that u shud go for N82 gourav...It is a complete phone with a lot of features....Once u start using the keypad, u will get used to it within a few days...This was my consideration also initially but then I have read a lot of opinions of N82 users which made me inclined towards this phone...U do get easily used 2 the keypad as the keys r not at all stiff.....

Rest is ur choice brother whichever u like...

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
I knew I was in for a big confusion between K850i & N82.

My reason for choosing K850i was mainly stylish looks ...

I can compromise on the looks though ... but, what are the advantages that I get over K850i for choosing N82 ?

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Go for K850i . SE Rules . i use my friend's N70 it is sluggishly slow . even my low on features k750 phone sounds wayy better than phones till 10k range .

my advise will be k850i . ( it comes with a marble game also, demonstrating its motion sensor technology .) the media player is the same used in PSP and Playstation 3 . if u dont have a PSP u can try getting w950 and PSP + PSP camera .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
k850=great cam+awesum looks+ipod quality sound+briliant screen+brilliant battery backup

n82=great cam+symbian+wifi+gps

btw....in a couple of weeks the g900 and the c902 will also be available sporting a 5 mp cam...

g900=symbian UIQ+great cam+ipod quality sound+wifi+gps...

c902=brilliant looks+10 mm thick+great cam+ipod quality sound etc etc..

G900
C902

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I knew I was in for a big confusion between K850i & N82.

My reason for choosing K850i was mainly stylish looks ...

I can compromise on the looks though ... but, what are the advantages that I get over K850i for choosing N82 ?

Hey gourav-
1. Looks - N82 has definitely improved with the black version..It does look equivalent to the K850i in this department if not beats it....
2. Cam results - better than the K850i....U can check some of the reviews on the net for confirmation if u don't trust me...
3. Price - www.univercell.in - N82-19615/-, K850i - 19135/- So a price difference of Rs. 480 only...

Now the extras that u will get by spending these Rs. 480/-
1. Wifi - K850i does not have wifi...
2. N82 - 16 M colors, K850i - 256k ... So clarity of N82 is better.
3. Display size - N 82 - 2.4'', K850i - 2.2'' - Higher screen is better for internet surfing.
4. Phonebook - N82 - u can store unlimited entries...K850i - 1000 x20 fields
5.Call records - N82 - 30 days..K850i - 30 entries... So N82 is better as u have call records of 1 month...
6. OS - N82 is symbian so more applications are available...
7. GPS Navigation - N82 has it..K850i doesn't. Now don't tell me that whenever GPS is launched in ur city u will not use it...
8. Weight - N82 - 114g, K850i - 118 g (This is minor issue and can be negated)
9. 3.5 mm audio jack - N82 has - so you can plugin any headphones...
10. TV Output - N82 can be connected 2 ur TV 2 view ur photos and videos or 4 that matter whatever comes on ur N82 screen... K850i lacks this feature...
11. Office document Viewer - N82 has it...U can read ur excel, word, pdf docs in N82 after loading it...K850i - This feature is missing....
13. N82 cam has carl Zeiss optics with a xenon flash and autofocus....K850i does not have Carl Zeiss optics in its cam...
14. N82 - equipped with ARM 11 332 MHz processor...Although symbian the N82 is really really fast...
15. Internal memory - N82 - 100 MB..K850i - 40 MB ( So N82 is better)

So, dear what else do u want by spending just Rs. 418/- extra....According 2 me N82 is a better choice in this segment.....

Note:- I am not a fanboy of any brand...Whatever is better, I just acknowledge it...I own a K750i and I know its cam is best in 2 MP category...I love my K750i and will never sell it...

and gourav if u wud have asked me 2 choose between N73 and K810i, I wud have chosen K810i coz its cam is better....

BUT in the 20k segment, It is N82 only.. It is definitely a better deal....:p

Rest depends on u dear...Go 4 whatever ur heart says...coz u have 2 use whatever u buy and in the end it is ur satisfaction that matters the most....

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
In my opinion, you should go for N82. Here are some advantages of N82 over K850i:
Slightly better camera,
Much better video recording,
Bigger display,
Stereo speakers,
3.5mm headphone jack,
Graphics accelerator,
Orientation sensor which works throughout the menu and not just in media player,
N-Gage platform,
Wi-fi,
Edge Class 32,
TV Out,
And in Mumbai atleast, better resale value. And I haven't even included the fact that it's Symbian (since its not important to you).

To be honest, K850i is not a bad phone. But when you bring N82 in the picture and all the extra features that it brings along and that too at just 1000 bucks more, then the K850i suddenly looks like a bad deal. Had it been priced at around 16k, K850i been a good buy. But at 18k, it doesn't give any strong reasons to choose it over N82.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
On paper N82 does looks good & more powerful then K850i but with all those features one questions comes in mind, will anyone use all those features?

It is a mobile phone, how many places are there where you will get free WiFi or something??? Maybe Barista or CCD, but it's not like u stay there for ever. Having WiFi over GPRS/EDGE for internet won't make a difference in a phone anyway.

I agree. But it also uses more battery. But a feature I would certainly want to have in a phone.

3. Display size - N 82 - 2.4'', K850i - 2.2'' - Higher screen is better for internet surfing.

A difference of .2 inches is hardly noticable.

Yup, N82 is much better here.
5.Call records - N82 - 30 days..K850i - 30 entries... So N82 is better as u have call records of 1 month...

In real world scenario, this is irrelevent.

All what u need is available in K850i either as a JAVA app or inbuilt. What application do u install on a Phone anyway?
7. GPS Navigation - N82 has it..K850i doesn't. Now don't tell me that whenever GPS is launched in ur city u will not use it...

it's not available. Why pay for a feature u won't use..

K850 comes with HPM series of headphone & in that u can plug any 3.5mm headphone.

10. TV Output - N82 can be connected 2 ur TV 2 view ur photos and videos or 4 that matter whatever comes on ur N82 screen... K850i lacks this feature...

How many people use this? Will u carry the cable everywhere?
11. Office document Viewer - N82 has it...U can read ur excel, word, pdf docs in N82 after loading it...K850i - This feature is missing....

No, there are JAVA based PDF & DOC file viewers.

13. N82 cam has carl Zeiss optics with a xenon flash and autofocus....K850i does not have Carl Zeiss optics in its cam...

Won't make much difference, picture quality depends on light.

14. N82 - equipped with ARM 11 332 MHz processor...Although symbian the N82 is really really fast...

Depends.

you don't use a memory card?

Overall N82 is for those who want a brick & a small computer while K850i is for those who want a multimedia device & phone.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Hey gourav-
1. Looks - N82 has definitely improved with the black version..It does look equivalent to the K850i in this department if not beats it....
2. Cam results - better than the K850i....U can check some of the reviews on the net for confirmation if u don't trust me...
3. Price - www.univercell.in - N82-19615/-, K850i - 19135/- So a price difference of Rs. 480 only...

Now the extras that u will get by spending these Rs. 480/-
8. Weight - N82 - 114g, K850i - 118 g (This is minor issue and can be negated)

So, dear what else do u want by spending just Rs. 418/- extra....According 2 me N82 is a better choice in this segment.....

Note:- I am not a fanboy of any brand...Whatever is better, I just acknowledge it...I own a K750i and I know its cam is best in 2 MP category...I love my K750i and will never sell it...

and gourav if u wud have asked me 2 choose between N73 and K810i, I wud have chosen K810i coz its cam is better....

BUT in the 20k segment, It is N82 only.. It is definitely a better deal....:p

Rest depends on u dear...Go 4 whatever ur heart says...coz u have 2 use whatever u buy and in the end it is ur satisfaction that matters the most....

looks-k850 way better..noway the n82 comes close with black or watever..
cam results-subjective..i take wonderful pics with the new firmware cam..
for wifi,gps,symbian etc-g900
n82 screen-check them both out side by side..u will know hcih is better..k850 beats it by miles..
display size-.2 inch..well..okk..
phonebook-the k850 has unlimited entires..cap removed with latest firmware
call records-u can sync ur records thru pc suite to ur computer and save it if u want to chk thru for future refernce..but i doubt the n82 has a 30 day period..a person can have 100s of calls..not sure bout that..
gps- it comes bundled with google maps and the maps of kolkata...very easy to browse...u wont miss gps n any way....comes pre installed with the maps of the major cities..the enabler which costs 1.5k then provides for gps activities
3.5 mm jack-yea u have to use the hpm 70 for plugging in the 3.5 mm jack..the bundled earphones with the n82 are crap..
internal memory-what makes the n82 better in this regard??i have no idea..the os takes up half the space anyway...

bottom line is..if u need symbian...go for k850....the k850 and the n82 are portrayed for different markets...now its upto u...

oh i forgot..battery life...
iget 3-4 days of usage..
and god save u with the n82 if u text a lot...

upto u now...

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
N82's keypad is really bad for people with thick fingers.

One thing people forget is the PC Suite software, whether it is Sony or Nokia both of there PC Suite are pretty bloated. On Nokia there is no option other then Nokia PC suite however, in case of K850i we have MyPhoneExplorer. it's not like you won't use your PC to connect to the phone.

Does N82 supports MTP protocol for syncing with Windows Media Player like K850i does?

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
How much difference is there in price of k850i and N82? just Rs. 480...

So for Rs. 480, u r getting so many additional features which K850i definitely lacks in ( GPS, Wifi etc. etc. which I have already mentioned)...Rs. 480 is a very small amount when u r spending 20k on a mobile...

So, N82 is a better value for money in this price category..:D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
When you connect your Nokia phone to your PC you get the option to either connect via PC Suite, or as Mass storage or sync with Windows Media player. With PC suite you can browse both phone memory as well as memory card.

Pathik

Google Bot
GPS is totally free with Nokia Maps unless you want voice navigation.
Abt the apps, Gx, i want Opera, Implus, Smartmovie etc. The symbian ones. Not the java crap.
And the n82 is just as sleek and sexy as any fone can get. Do you mind if we get a computer in the same price as other show off fones?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
And the only Java app worth using is Opera Mini. Otherwise all other app are crap and nowhere close to their Symbian counterparts. Once you get used to the Symbian apps, you wouldn't want to use the Java ones again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom