2 lan cards on 1 machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iv connected 2 lan cards on the same machine but i cant them both to work together :?: any ideas, both work individually

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
PCI slot problem maybe
try one at a time on both slots and see if slot is workin fine.

There shudnt be any problem in using 2 or more lan cards. Do u use one for lan and other for net?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
What are the IP settings for both? And how exactly do you want them to work?
1 is for internet (broadband) so it has its own ip config & the other is for local network and therefore has its own ip, but when i connect the cable to it the network icon still appears with the red cross

PCI slot problem maybe
try one at a time on both slots and see if slot is workin fine.

There shudnt be any problem in using 2 or more lan cards. Do u use one for lan and other for net?
individually both cards are working fine

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Could we have all the details? IP/Subnet for each card, network topology?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
edit: i got it to work, damn i just changed the ends of the cable i was using :D, damn :D thanks for the help anyways guys :p

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
oh is that correct???
i was thinkin both ends works same for cross cable ethernet.
Now can u explain which color coding for server and the client??[server as the one with internet nd client as one which shared the dns]

@iMav
ur siggy quote is hilarious:D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
oh is that correct???
i was thinkin both ends works same for cross cable ethernet.
Now can u explain which color coding for server and the client??[server as the one with internet nd client as one which shared the dns]

@iMav
ur siggy quote is hilarious:D
internet connection i think is straight cabling im not sure, the local network is cross cabled and now that i have setup realvnc thanks to charan's tutorial i have a headless chicken in the house :D

the siggy heheheh thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.