1962 -The India china WAR revisited!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, it was small army vs big army back then. Weapons were same. China = more soldiers behind one gun. You shoot one guy and the other guy picks up the gun. Result = win for them. And ofc, Jawaharlal Nehru is the biggest idiot this nation has seen.

doomgiver

Warframe
Ignorance is Bliss....May be these are those precious words, which YINDANS had ever taken so much seriously.
<snip>

called as "WAR". Coz YINDANS is a Peace Loving Nation. (WE INVENTED ZERO!!!!)

Peace my a$$...India might be a peace loving nations, but don't go wrong with YINDANS.

Nationwide the news channels will show "Saif having sex with a street dog" or "Worm found from the KFC's Chicken", but hardly anyone morns about a Soldier or Entire Village/Town getting ripped off. Few Journalist will dare to show what is happening in the battlefield in a show called "Direct from the Battlefield" & later might be awarded for the brave act.

^^ Are you kidding me, bravery act ?? These are the first persons, who should be killed during the telecast..........

<snip>
the stuff in purple is my edit.
sorry for snipping out the important bits.

ALSO, FTFY.
WE INVANTED ZEROOOOO!!!111ONEONEoneone

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
well, it was small army vs big army back then. Weapons were same. China = more soldiers behind one gun. You shoot one guy and the other guy picks up the gun. Result = win for them. And ofc, Jawaharlal Nehru is the biggest idiot this nation has seen.
+1
@d3p :+1
everything runs on money

and there is a formula for an india china war
for every 1 brown soldier there are 6 yellow commie b!tches

icebags

Technomancer

its more than the size of army nowadays. while holding a line of control in border, if its plain land, there is more of deploying numbers of armored vehicles & soldiers. but if it's hilly terrain like our north part, mounted hidden field guns, aerial superiority and strong supply line infrastructure matters most.

if they attack along the borders, they will basically send out numbers of tactical team groups or use other techs to identify bunkers and bases near to the line. then they will take out those with guided bombarding (on both base and it supply line). our forces are expected to do the same. now it will be a game of destruction and rebuild/ retaking of those. if its plain field, army can always deploy soldiers if no option left, but in hilly areas retaking a point is more difficult (see kargil) it will be mass massacre to go for head on attack with just soldiers. it's more like the ultimate test of combat engineers and tactics of high command.

1962 war was kinda they same, but there are more sophisticated techs around now.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I hope we learnt our lesson. But seems we did not. Took us ages to deploy the SF, when Mumbai happened. :(

bubusam13

Human
Huuh !!... Indian Govt. is like "see world, we are good. Come on foreigners, kill our people, take away our land. We won't fight you back. We believe in ahimsha. If you want more, just ask, we will give you"

Advantage India in Bangladesh land swap - India - DNA
A bunch of lies. Indian Govt. gave out land, India didn't received any yet. And you know what, those Indians inhabiting these area are left in delima what they will call them? Indian or ...

Look at Kashmir. File:Kashmir region 2004.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which is India, which is pak, which is China

doomgiver

Warframe
i really dont know what the indian politicians are doing.... i mean, what roadmap do they have?
what is their foriegn policy??? suck off all italians?

wjat will they do with so much money?

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Some of my friends ask, what happened to that Brave soldier's family
Here the narration.
From NDTV news,

Neeharika Naidu, whose father Lt. Col. Brahmanand Avasthi who died gallantly fighting the marauding Chinese near a place called Rupa in Arunachal Pradesh (then known as NEFA--North East Frontier Agency) says: "It's very sad for me. Ok. after 50 years someone has thought it was even important to ask us what are our feelings and how did we cope after all these years .We've not had any real help or support from the government or the people or anyone for that matter. Yes, our regiment and friends supported us but our regiment and friends don't give us daal roti. They can give you emotional support, be by your side when you are ill but they don't give you food and a shelter over your head."

Mrs Naidu married another Rajput Regiment Officer, Milan Naidu, years after she lost her father. Milan Naidu rose to become Vice Chief of Army Staff and retired about four years ago. She however points out that her mother was extremely brave in facing the situation. "I must say am extremely proud of my mother and all women like her of that era 1962 and 1971 who have really, really struggled to make ends meet and to bring up their children and their families. I married an Army man because for me that was the only option and am a very, very proud wife because he finished his career as the vice chief of the army staff. What more can a man want? What more can a woman want? And for me the Army was the only option. My son is in the air force. My daughter-in-law is also an air force pilot till recently. She retired and that is the best way to be. After 50 years today, when I look back in retrospect, I am primarily my father's daughter. An Army daughter, who went on to become an Army wife and an Army mother and mother-in-law. Even as I am very, very proud to be my husband's wife, I think primarily am most proud to be an Army daughter. The daughter of lieutenant colonel Brahmanand Avasthi Rajput who fought the last man, last man standing and I think even today his name stands me wherever I go."

Read the full article here1962 war with China: The delayed recognition | NDTV.com

raghupratap

Broken In
For some reason, I do not see any gallantry in this. Rushing to die seems stupid.

At first, your statement seemed facetious. But not on thinking for a moment. Sometimes, it makes sense to retreat - live to fight another day.

Yet, sometimes madness is needed - that is why there are only 21 PVC recipients - 14 dead when they got it. Soldiers are always give objectives - and they have to achieve it. Sometimes, they need to climb 1000 feet of vertical rocks, brave hail of bullets - do all kinds of mad stuff to achieve those objectives.

doomgiver

Warframe
well, actually, it makes no sense for a whole brigade to just rush in into heavy artillery bombardment, when that heavy artillery could be silenced by a few select suicidal soldiers.

would you send 500 men to their certain death with a close to zero chance of destroying the objective (artillery here), or would you send 10 men to covertly take out the objective, sacrificing them in the process???

the war is won by achieving goals. if battles were won by bravery alone then these guy would have won the whole damn war :
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade

it takes b@ll$ of st33l to charge into a hail of bullets, while screaming "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN". or madness. no one quite knows.

d3p

PowerHouse
well, actually, it makes no sense for a whole brigade to just rush in into heavy artillery bombardment, when that heavy artillery could be silenced by a few select suicidal soldiers.

would you send 500 men to their certain death with a close to zero chance of destroying the objective (artillery here), or would you send 10 men to covertly take out the objective, sacrificing them in the process???

the war is won by achieving goals. if battles were won by bravery alone then these guy would have won the whole damn war :
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade

it takes b@ll$ of st33l to charge into a hail of bullets, while screaming "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN". or madness. no one quite knows.

I support you on this, but as stated earlier "Warfare needs tactics apart from Artileries." We have many brave soldiers ; not sure about the arms & ammunition, but tactics used by us still the old ones.

Top Bottom