144hz monitor under 20k

I'm not sure 2 years ago people bothered enough about variable refresh rate (VRR) as much as they do now. I'd never buy a TN panel irrespective of the refresh rate and would spend more on an IPS panel with VRR instead.
IPS is surely better but expensive as well. These monitors usually have decent color & contrast for gaming, nowhere as bad as the TN displays found in under 50k laptops in India. Viewing angle suffers, but people use a monitor at a straight angle & rarely use it for watching movies in a group.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
@Randy_Marsh Sir, what specs do you have, how's your experience on your monitor.
@SaiyanGoku sir, I feel that fps is getting maxed for dota 2, so if I put 144hz monitor then maybe

My specs are in my sig. (GTX 1060 6GB with i5 6600). I found it to be really good when it comes to esports gaming. I mostly play CSGO in which my system easily pushes 144fps so the experience is great.
In your case, I would strongly suggest that you go for a monitor with FreeSync support (like the Acer KG271). I also play Apex Legends and other single player games (Doom, Rage, Seriko etc.) at variable refresh rates (80-110 fps) which FreeSync makes it super smooth experience.

I don't know why some of here have too much hate towards TN panels, maybe because of their experiences with TN panels on laptops, but these monitors are far better than those. Infact, there is no comparison at all. I found Acer KG271 to be as good as LG IPS monitor in quality when it comes to gaming. Just calibrate your monitor properly.

My advice would to be not think of anything else and go for KG271. You would see much smoother gameplay even at lower frames per second and it would work great with your future upgrades as well.

The BenQ model which has been discussed in this thread is an old model and doesn't have freesync. It was good in its time but not anymore.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Thank everyone for your valuable time and suggestions, I guess I should go with Acer monitor.
Another thing I was wondering maybe I should upgrade my gpu too but that I think I should do it later on.

Thank everyone for your valuable time and suggestions, I guess I should go with Acer monitor.
Another thing I was wondering maybe I should upgrade my gpu too but that I think I should do it later on.
Depends on what rest of the specs are. If its too weak, you might be better off upgrading everything.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling

If you majorly play Dota2 @ approx. 120fps and other esports games, don't think of upgrading your system just yet.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
*www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-VG270P-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07VZ5TWVV.
How is this monitor compared to the above one, slightly above budget still require suggestions.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
I am having difficulty choosing any monitor now. Is this one good *www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Legion-Y25f-1...N95Z3XGR9CV&psc=1&refRID=Q5923AWR6E4AVDVXG043 or should I go with the Acer nitro ips monitor ?? Please help me

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
upload_2019-8-18_20-44-37.png

I am having difficulty choosing any monitor now. Is this one good *www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Legion-Y25f-1...N95Z3XGR9CV&psc=1&refRID=Q5923AWR6E4AVDVXG043 or should I go with the Acer nitro ips monitor ?? Please help me
If you read the whole discussion you will know that IPS is better than TN panels & Legion has TN vs IPS of Nitro. So Nitro is the better choice.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Found another monitor, here's the link alongwith a review of this monitor
*www.amazon.in › AOC-C24...
Web results
Buy AOC C24G1 24?Class LED Gaming Monitor 1920x1080 ... - Amazon.in.

DisplayNinja | The Best Monitor and TV Reviews and Recommendations › aoc-...
AOC C24G1 Review 2019: Here's Why This Beautiful Monitor ROCKS!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I would not suggest 1080p on a 27" monitor cause of less pixel density. 27" is sweet spot for 2k resolution imo.

Top Bottom