13-year-old boy kills brother over video game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
LANSDOWNE, Pa. (AP) - A 13-year-old boy fatally stabbed his brother with a steak knife after the 16-year-old refused to turn over a video game controller, authorities said.
Jahmir Ricks was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Antwan Ricks at their home outside Philadelphia. The older boy died of a single stab wound to the chest, police said, and a bent and bloody knife was recovered from the home.

Lansdowne police said the younger boy told them, "I just stabbed my brother," when they arrived at the home Sunday.

Police believe the argument started when Antwan Ricks would not turn over the game controller after losing a game to his brother. Police Chief Daniel Kortan said the rules of the house were that the person who lost had to give someone else a chance to play.

The argument escalated into a brawl, and the younger boy grabbed the knife, Kortan said.

Antwan Ricks was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Jahmir Ricks, who was charged as an adult, was being held without bail. It was not immediately known if he had obtained an attorney. He faces charges of third-degree murder, assault, recklessly endangering another person and possession of instruments of crime.

How stupid people are.:eek:

*www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QEFJEG0&show_article=1

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Weird. If I'm right then a similar incident happened a few months/years back and was posted in the forum as well?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
If I remember correctly some father threw her 3 year old daughter far away coz she (mistakely) dropper this xbox or it was wii?? And the poor gal died.

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
i think you guys are talking about this thread.

*www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18553604/
*imgred.com/*msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070508/070508_fresno_hmed_11a.h2.jpg

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I knew gaming is addictive but this much. Never thought of that...
I will be keeping an eye on what happens to tat boy next.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
BAP RE!! me and my bro also used to fight for playin games and doin other stuffs on computer. and sometimes it used to really get very nasty. we used to fight a lot over this. then our father decided that each 1 will hav a shift of 1hr after which 1 has to give computer to the other. but this also didnt help coz we use to tell ABHI MERA EK HOUR NAHI HUA TUM BHAG YAHAN SE:mrgreen:
then it was decided by our father that each will get computer for a day . hence we used to get computer on each alternate day. but again we use to disturb each other a lot. AH I REMEMBER THOSE DAY. now i m in BANGALORE doin engg and he is in kota preparin for IIT JEE.my brother was here with id called EXPERNO1.ah we miss those fights a lot. :sad: :sad:
SOMETIMES WE DO USED TO THREATEN EACH OTHER WITH HAMMER :mrgreen: OR SOMETHING BUT IT NEVER GOT SO NASTY TO LIKE THE ABOVE NEWS.THAT NEWS IS SIMPLY WIERD :shock:

iamtheone

Journeyman
WHOA he actually stabbed his brother just for a video game....i wonder what his parents wud've done to that guy.
PS-pls spmeone keep this thread updated with further news bout that guy.m really curious

rocket357

Security freak
Hrmmm...in the U.S. it would seem that "sibling rivalry" is the most socially accepted form of violence. "Boys will be boys" they say. Too, too sad.

I think the parents should be held accountable (at least partially). If the parents had enforced an environment where this level of sibling rivalry wasn't accepted, then this wouldn't happen. And if the parents attempted to enforce this environment, and the child was still unruly and violent, they should have sought help.

In my mind there is never just cause for an incident like this.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
rocket357 said:
Hrmmm...in the U.S. it would seem that "sibling rivalry" is the most socially accepted form of violence. "Boys will be boys" they say. Too, too sad.

I think the parents should be held accountable (at least partially). If the parents had enforced an environment where this level of sibling rivalry wasn't accepted, then this wouldn't happen. And if the parents attempted to enforce this environment, and the child was still unruly and violent, they should have sought help.

In my mind there is never just cause for an incident like this.
Totally agree man .

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
When will these firang ppl learn.
arre firangi ko kyun blame karte ho. Haven't you heard of witch hunting stories in India :( *southasia.oneworld.net/article/view/151277/1/1893

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
chesss said:
arre firangi ko kyun blame karte ho. Haven't you heard of witch hunting stories in India :( *southasia.oneworld.net/article/view/151277/1/1893

These ppl are illitrate+idiots , firang are litrate+idiots which is even sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom