** ~10k mobile advice thread **

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for 8k, Galaxy Pop if Android is needed. but don't know how much backup it'll provide.
Nokia C5-03 & Samsung Wave 2 if he is strictly against Android.

but if he is ready to increase bidget by 1k, LG Optimus One. 2days backup usually. more if used well.

mail2abhi81

Broken In
Sam, desiibond, mobile gurus, Fellas,
please help me out with this situation. I am looking for a phone (>3" screen) primarily for calling, texting, chatting and surfing to kill time. I have a budget of 6-6.5k max.

Requirements:
> 3" screen
Calling/ texting
Surfing, emailing, GPS (primary uses apart from calling)
chatting (with fring etc)

After much research i have finalised on ther Wave 525 as it seems to perfectly match my demands. However, i need to know

1. if it supports Opera Mini? (heard the dolphin browser is not so good)
2. does it support GPS?
3. Can i send / recieve mails?

Plz note: I dont want to go for a low end Android with this small budget, since i would be getting the I9103 later. and i currently own a NOkia E71, but its small screen is turning me off and browsing is not a good experience.

hence, if not 525, plz suggest another fone which would meet my criterias

Thanks a lot in advance,
Abhishek

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
strictly within 8k:
Micromax A70
Samsung Galaxy Pop

if you can increase budget by 1k:
Dell XCD35
LG Optimus One.

now it depends on you. to know why i asked you to increase budget, read 2-3 pages of this thread.

hipbaba

Right off the assembly line
android around 10k

hey guys!:-oi am going to buy a android around 10k!
i narrowed my choices 2 sum phones-
1. dell xcd 35 - 10k
2. htc wildfire
3.lg optimus 1
i need good battery life,gud camera gud screen and good gaming capabilities( asphalt , fruit ninja , dragon hunter 2)
thnx in advance

hipbaba

Right off the assembly line
andriod under 10k ????????

hey guys !
i am going to get and android under 10k!
narrowed to htc wildfire , dell xcd 35 and lg optimus one
need good camera,good screen,good gaming capabilities(asphalt,fruit ninja,dragon hunter2)
tnx in advance

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ hipbaba - I too agree with Sam. O1 hands down within 10k!!No other competition to O1 within this range. And like Sam has pointed out AVOID Wildfire!!

clmlbx

Technomancer
mobile around 12K

ok guys I am looking for mobile in budget of around 12K. I am looking for smart phone with android. I am much more inclined towards samsung galaxy series. I love full touch phones no qwerty. So what r my options.. I looking forward to Galaxy Ace

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ONLY, if you find it within 12k. else look for Wildfire S.

or you may look out of SE Xperia Mini but first compare the screen size of it with a 3.2" mobile to check if 0.2" really makes a difference.

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Suggest an Android mobile within 10k

Hi guys,

Please suggest me an Android mobile within 10k. I've never owned an Android phone before(using Nokia 5230 at the moment).

Filling up the questionnaire for Mobile phone purchase queries:

1. Budget? - 10K maximum.
2. Display type and size? - TFT capacitive touchscreen
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? - No specific preference. Don't want to opt for Spice phones.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). - Touchscreen.
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - 3MP camera will suffice.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - 3G.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - None. GPS maybe.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - Multimedia. Will be use the phone for watching movies sometime on go.. Heavy texting.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - I have my eyes set on LG Optimus One.
12. Any other info that you want to share - None. This will be first android phone..so my first step in the android world.

I have my eyes set on LG Optimus One. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
Re: Suggest an Android mobile within 10k

I would suggest Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 because i'm already using it and really satisfied with the features.
Let me reply to all your queries :

1. Budget? - 10K maximum. (will come under 10k)
2. Display type and size? - TFT capacitive touchscreen (yes)
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? - Bar (yes)
4. Preferred choice of brand? - No specific preference. Don't want to opt for Spice phones. (Samsung)
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). - Touchscreen. (yes + Swype)
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. - 3MP camera will suffice. (5MP)
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android (yes)
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. - 3G. (both)
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? - None. GPS maybe. (yes, no flash)
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? - Multimedia. Will be use the phone for watching movies sometime on go.. Heavy texting. (nice experience watching videos, swype is excellent for heavy texting)
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - I have my eyes set on LG Optimus One. (totally ur choice)
12. Any other info that you want to share - None. This will be first android phone..so my first step in the android world.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Re: Suggest an Android mobile within 10k

@ Technofan - O1 is the best, hands down, within the 10k range. Just get one & feel its power!!

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
If your budget is restricted to 8k, you must give Galaxy pro / Motorola Charm a try. (You can get one for 7.5k)

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
The Motorola Charm is the embodiment of the "smart-messaging phone." It runs Android, but make no mistake -- it's not what you would expect from your typical Android phone. It has an excellent qwerty keyboard, a small screen well designed for messaging applications (but little else), and a price point that makes sense.

The Charm is built well, and its primary function (in theory anyway) as a phone is great. It has dual microphones for noise canceling, call quality on both the earpiece and speakerphone is excellent, and Blur's dialer is easy to use and very intuitive. Overall, you would be very pleased with the fit and finish. The touchscreen, while small and permanently stuck in landscape mode, is responsive, and the 600 MHz OMAP processor is more than enough to power the Charm for the things it can do.

The Motorola CHARM is actually a well-rounded device that refreshes the usual set of Android phones we're typically presented with. When we think about it more, its pricing is definitely fitting for any feature phone we've seen Motorola produce, but it's even more exciting when it's an Android powered smartphone we're talking about. In the end, it might not be quite to the level of its high-end counterparts in performance, but it's more than acceptable and functional to get you by your daily routines.

The good: The Motorola Charm is a slim and portable handheld with a roomy keyboard and decent call quality. It comes with Android 2.1, a full HTML browser with Flash Lite, Wi-Fi, 3G, and GPS.
If you can look past its design pitfalls, the Motorola Charm is an affordable and usable entry-level Android handheld. Android power users, on the other hand, may want to look elsewhere.

Quoted from sites like CNET, phonearena,etc.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
it has good H/W but with Android 2.1 & an oddly placed touchpad, it is at best a prototype. once you load it with custom ROM (if they exist for this mobile) it will do much better than similar Android QWERTYs but whoever buys it, first complain will be it comes with Android 2.1 & a horrible bloatware named BLUR.

clmlbx

Technomancer
hey if I move my budget up to 15K.. then which 1 will be good between this 2

MOTO Defy or Samsun Galaxy Ace (I liked this)

Last edited: