** ~10k mobile advice thread **

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Poco M6 Pro got impressive pricing. I just checked, in less than two hours it's gone out of stock!!! Is that a flash sale? I thought flash sale are gone by law, right?
May be they continue to sell that way, but just don't call it flash sale :chinscratch:

Poco M6 Pro got impressive pricing. I just checked, in less than two hours it's gone out of stock!!! Is that a flash sale? I thought flash sale are gone by law, right?
May be they continue to sell that way, but just don't call it flash sale :chinscratch:
Likely latter. These companies don't manufacture too much like Samsung or Apple, hence the cycle of in stock & out of stock. Also, I feel it helps with marketing as well, like phone sold out in 30mins.

Redmi 12 is the same phone as well, keep an eye on it as well.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Comments on gsmarena aren't so good, many saying only the processor/SoC is upgrade while rest is downgrade.
Didn't read any reviews, just saw the listing that a 5G phone for 10k (yeah, with discounts). Checked the spec sheet, and I find it's impressive at this price point and it killed M4 5G. I don't know what M4 5G got better than this for the premium it's asking.

May be because of the naming ('Pro') they say it's a downgrade. Generally, the Pro variants are better spec'ed better than non-pro. But this one is more like a non-pro variant, but got named Pro. Last year we bought M4 Pro 4G variant which got AMOLED (5G variant lacks that), dual speaker, dual mic and 33w charging. This one lacks all of those, but retains 90hz display. I don't think there is any other popular brand offering a 5G phone at this price point. SD 4 Gen1 phones cost lot more than this, including Xiaomi's.

I will check the review and see if it's missing lot more than the predecessors.

I don't know why this aggresive pricing. May be Xiaomi is starting, and others will follow suit or the components used are sub standard/cheap ones, I hope and want it's not the latter. Who knows, may be they are losing market and want to get back.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why this aggresive pricing. May be Xiaomi is starting, and others will follow suit or the components used are sub standard/cheap ones, I hope and want it's not the latter. Who knows, may be they are losing market and want to get back.
Better wait for detailed reviews from some well known/established sources like geekyranjit. Even then , those will not be able to tell about lower quality components as that is something which will be known after 7-8 months only(like what happened with poco x2 series camera etc).

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Better wait for detailed reviews from some well known/established sources like geekyranjit. Even then , those will not be able to tell about lower quality components as that is something which will be known after 7-8 months only(like what happened with poco x2 series camera etc).
I misread your previous post, I thought you said gsmarena review and when I searched I couldn't find the review.

I watched couple of Redmi 12 5G reviews, Gadgetbyte and Techwiser and they're good.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Didn't read any reviews, just saw the listing that a 5G phone for 10k (yeah, with discounts). Checked the spec sheet, and I find it's impressive at this price point and it killed M4 5G. I don't know what M4 5G got better than this for the premium it's asking.

May be because of the naming ('Pro') they say it's a downgrade. Generally, the Pro variants are better spec'ed better than non-pro. But this one is more like a non-pro variant, but got named Pro. Last year we bought M4 Pro 4G variant which got AMOLED (5G variant lacks that), dual speaker, dual mic and 33w charging. This one lacks all of those, but retains 90hz display. I don't think there is any other popular brand offering a 5G phone at this price point. SD 4 Gen1 phones cost lot more than this, including Xiaomi's.

I will check the review and see if it's missing lot more than the predecessors.

Redmi 12 5G and m6 Pro 5G, both have SD 4 gen 2 released in June and are fabricated by Samsung.

Redmi 12 5G and m6 Pro 5G, both have SD 4 gen 2 released in June and are fabricated by Samsung.
Redmi 12 5G, m6 pro 5g, m14, Vivi t2x, tecno pova 5g, infinix note 30 pro & tecno 20 pro are in prices upto 15k

Can anyone put it in sequence of best to worst based on camera, screen, charging speed & durability etc ?

I will put Tecno & Infinix at bottom for durability, QC & after sales. Vivo can be avoided because of the existence of iQoo & Realme. Buying vivo & oppo are stupid as those have high dealer commissions as those are meant for offline sales mainly, you can get a similar iQoo or Realme for cheaper mostly. That T2x has a 60Hz panel vs 90Hz in competition.

Samsung M14 is expensive as usual vs the competition. Can consider if you want Samsung for its software.

IMO Redmi 12 6/128GB at 11.5k looks like a good choice. Poco M6 pro is the same but OOS now.

www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12226&idPhone3=12160&idPhone2=12446

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Not that I am keen, just that I didn't see both POCO M6 Pro and Redmi 12 5G in stock since it's launch. Can't even see the listing of the Redmi in Amazon. Don't know if they are deliberately making fewer phones so that it will clear off the shelf within minutes or they are makings loads of units, just that people are going crazy.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not that I am keen, just that I didn't see both POCO M6 Pro and Redmi 12 5G in stock since it's launch. Can't even see the listing of the Redmi in Amazon. Don't know if they are deliberately making fewer phones so that it will clear off the shelf within minutes or they are makings loads of units, just that people are going crazy.
Typical company tactic to create hype. Days of ppl going crazy for certain model phones are long over.

Reactions: nac
Deliberately a bit less phones with optimised manufacturing to maximise profits, most likely. Samsung, Apple, oppo & vivo makes surplus phones, but their phones are not the best value for money compared to Xiaomi or OP or realme or Moto which are mainly online only & go out of stock at times. However, OOS is rare in OP & realme these days.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
I am looking for a lightweight mobile.
  • Budget: Under 10k.
  • Maximum Weight: 170g
  • All other options: No preference.

Is any Android mobile available with a maximum 6-inch screen size?

Budget: 10k, but I can increase it to 15k for a mobile with that screen size.
Sadly size is increasing & even premium compact phones like S23 have 6.1" display these days (due to sleek bezels, it is great for one hand use IMO).

New 6.5" phones are same in size as pre-2019 6" phones or pre-2016 5.5" phones.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sadly size is increasing & even premium compact phones like S23 have 6.1" display these days (due to sleek bezels, it is great for one hand use IMO).

New 6.5" phones are same in size as pre-2019 6" phones or pre-2016 5.5" phones.
By same you mean width? I find even Redmi 4 is too big for pant/shirt pockets. Since I started using Redmi 4, I am not carrying it with me as much as I did with feature phones.

By same you mean width? I find even Redmi 4 is too big for pant/shirt pockets. Since I started using Redmi 4, I am not carrying it with me as much as I did with feature phones.
Yes, width is the main dimension that matters for holding the phone in your hand. Length has increased a bit after 2018, but is managable.

If you find Redmi 4 to be big, sadly you have to compromise on the size. I like compact phones as well, Z3C & S8 were well sized. My S20FE's biggest con for me is the size, but at that time S21 was a bad choice because of SoC. Now S23 is at least a good phone but cost is the issue.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Do Motorola mobile phones have network issues? I want to buy a Moto G14 or some other improved version (5G), but in reviews, many people have mentioned network issues.

Top Bottom