100 EMAILS DAILY-flooded-see screenshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincereheart

Broken In
100 EMAILS DAILY-flooded-see screenshoot

Hiiiiiiii........

I am almost getting twice daily 100 emails...all classical spam...makes no sense...i use primarily rediffmail account...(cannot change as in touch with so many people through this email from last 4-5 years)

seems someone has gone after my life...what to do...its so tough to see which one or two is most important out of 200 emails (197 are junk on an average) and ensuring not to delete It...

please helpppppppppppppppppppppppp............................

regards

sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

(i believe writing email address above is non harmful as bots cannot pick up THAT)

---------------------

screenshot....

*img299.imageshack.us/img299/4544/myrediffmail4dh.th.jpg

CLICK ON FOLLOWING LINK...

*img299.imageshack.us/img299/4544/myrediffmail4dh.jpg

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Just check all of them and add those email adrs to the blocked list and will not recieve emails from theat adrs they will be blocked or deleted at the server itself.HOpe this helps

Charley

Just Do It
Inform the rediffmail " contact us " and give them a complaint.

Have u tried installing spam softwares ?

S

saptak

dood
i think u shud just label the mail as spam bcos they seem to have the same src.
also u r talking abt the safe way of writing ur email id..... i think the hackers r smart enuf to, now, detect this way of riting email ids as this way has gone old. i wud suggest that u get a new email id and whatever e-business or registrations to websites u do , do it there.

selva1966

Journeyman
First please go to My Settings in rediffmail then go to tell your interests and uncheck all the boxes. Even if you leave one box checked you will get lot of spam from rediff.

anomit

In the zone
Couldn't understand why the notification comes from hotmail while you are using Rediffmail. Also you must not be sending that amount of e-mails to get so many failure notifications.

Charley

Just Do It
selva1966 said:
First please go to My Settings in rediffmail then go to tell your interests and uncheck all the boxes. Even if you leave one box checked you will get lot of spam from rediff.

The spam need not neccessarily be from rediff. Most of the spam comes from other sources.

So it'd be wise to inform the customer care for rediff.

OP
S

sincereheart

Broken In
while i was reading all replies here and thinking of implementing all that was said...luckily (i hope its not temporary)....i have stopped getting all that emails....

:D :D :D

blacklight

Journeyman
dude !
all those delivery status notification mails means mails were sent from ur account to another account and bounced back - which means ur account is hacked OR some one 's sending malicious stuff to u .

so i suggest u change ur password and ur secret question and all other authentication details.

Deep

Version 2.0
nah I dont think so its spam, your machine might be infected by virus....

coz these kind of mails are sent by virus generally so I will suggest scaning the machine using online scanners like Trendmicro's Housecall

btw also check the IP of few mails and see if its coming from same IP or not...and also cross check that IP with ur...

Deep

digen

Youngling
Aray but deep if i'm not wrong then he is accessing through webmail & not downloading & sending it through a email client which would happen locally & thus maybe provide a chance for a malicious virus to attach itself & keep spreading.

Imho if you can show us the email headers of a few of those emails we could determine as to why its happening.

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm, I think its Beagle.J which is of 12KB...

So its possible trojan created by this virus is collecting email addresses on the machine somehow and sending virus email using it own SMTP engine..

or its also posible that, if he is in the office / college then some machine in the office is infected and sending virus to everyone in its addressbook....

I think scanning the machine online once is the best option...

and tracking IP is also must..

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom