1. Need advise on budget MFP (All in one printer) purchase

sreddy

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to purchase an all in one printer with the following features for home usage
1) Print 2) Scan 3) Copy (Xerox)
My priorities are
1) I don't have any issue with initial purchasing cost. However it should have very low running cost. I can't afford to spend high amount for cartridge filling or replacement. This is my first and very important priority.
2) I will use this for printing only black and white documents.
3) I don't know much about laser vs inkjet MFP. So I will depend on your advice.

duggalhere

Broken In
I will suggest you to buy Brother DCP-7030 Laser MFP. It's a budget MFP and has a lower running cost as per your requirement.

OP
S

sreddy

Right off the assembly line
How abt Epson Stylus TX111 (or) Epson Stylus TX400 ? Looks like I can easily find the compatabile catridges for these for less prce. Please advise.

Juventis1981

Broken In
I have been using Epson Stylus TX121 with CISS for printing Tshirts and other materials. Very low running cost since the CISS cost me just 2000 odd bucks extra and I have been filling ink for only Rs 250/refill.I print around 200-300 odd pages using the CISS.
TX111 is the older version of TX121 but it works equally good.

One of my friends purchased the TX121 from a site FishTheDeal at Rs 2900 odd bucks for his office needs and he too seems pretty happy with it.
I usually purchase the Durabrite inks of Epsons due to their steadfastness ( as I require it for quality printing of my Tshirts)but they can be easily replaced with the cheapers ones in the market which come for 80 odd bucks.

Hope this helps!