►► is it worth to buy "MICROMAX A100" for 10k or should i wait for any other ANDROID mobile?

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys,

Today i checked mobile store, and loved its big screen size, amazing phone at this price. It looks so expensive. ;) Good for show off. Getting MMX A100 for Rs.9800. Can i buy this, or should i wait for any other brand ?

I've heard that MMX are going to launch DUAL CORE mobile also... but no date, and still no price mentioned. :(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
if you are investing then why don't you invest in a "Good" mobile from a "very" well known company.

balaji2525

Broken In
It is not a reputed brand for smartphone, I wouldn't prefer. Phone may look expensive but Micromax logo at the back will speak for it name :)

digitalkerala

Broken In
Even if you opt for a branded android phone below 12K, you might experience freezing / hanging when you try to do multi tasking. And it is quite natural everyone needs at least 3 or 4 applications running in the background.

40 to 50% of Micromax / Spice / Karbonn buyers will be lucky to have their phone running errorless (hardware wise) for the first 18 or 24 months , some 15 to 20% might face minor issues with speaker, internal mic, earphone jack or over heating. Rest of the users might face serious problems in the first 12 to 24 months which requires part replacements. So, it is a gamble with your luck? Is it?.

If you can extend your budget to 3 or 4K, & compromise on a little smaller screen size, consider the following alternatives.

Sony Xperia U (with dual core & excellent benchmark scores) is available at 13.5 K (with dealer warranty).

Sony Xperia Neo L is also available for 14K. (4 Inch screen)

Sony Ericson Xperia Ray can be purchased for 13K.

LG – L5 (guess it is 4 inch screen) might be available for 13K & LG L7 at 15K with certain online dealers.

Motorola Defy+ & Defy XT are also some branded alternative for Micromax A100 compromising on screen size.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Even if you opt for a branded android phone below 12K, you might experience freezing / hanging when you try to do multi tasking. And it is quite natural everyone needs at least 3 or 4 applications running in the background.

40 to 50% of Micromax / Spice / Karbonn buyers will be lucky to have their phone running errorless (hardware wise) for the first 18 or 24 months , some 15 to 20% might face minor issues with speaker, internal mic, earphone jack or over heating. Rest of the users might face serious problems in the first 12 to 24 months which requires part replacements. So, it is a gamble with your luck? Is it?.

If you can extend your budget to 3 or 4K, & compromise on a little smaller screen size, consider the following alternatives.

Sony Xperia U (with dual core & excellent benchmark scores) is available at 13.5 K (with dealer warranty).

Sony Xperia Neo L is also available for 14K. (4 Inch screen)

Sony Ericson Xperia Ray can be purchased for 13K.

LG – L5 (guess it is 4 inch screen) might be available for 13K & LG L7 at 15K with certain online dealers.

Motorola Defy+ & Defy XT are also some branded alternative for Micromax A100 compromising on screen size.

Thanks, but my budget is tight.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
why mmx a100 becoz its 5 inch display if thats the only reason then its good... but if you would also want little performance go for karbonn a18 check the review on the forum

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
why mmx a100 becoz its 5 inch display if thats the only reason then its good... but if you would also want little performance go for karbonn a18 check the review on the forum

what are the CONS of mmx a100 ? i don't know why nobody is preferring MICROMAX in this forum? But i've read good reviews on flipkart, and on gogi's blog. igyaan also.

KARBONN looks so cheap/china made

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have personally seen couple of my friends MMX mobiles failing, weird touch issues, headphone jack failing, unable to hear audio from speaker unless speakerphone is turned ON. etc etc.. its your call.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
in terms of looks mmx a100 is better looking then karbonn a18 but it has more performance i am using the phone and it is good the only think i didnt like is the backcover.... and also the a18 is pre rooted so just install superuser that customize to you're liking

comrade

foreign return(0)
all electronic goods are exposed to damage mostly due to mishandling.
LG service center refused to service my dropped off optimus net duo(3 months old) under warranty. I ended up investing in new low cost spice mi-350n which is now lasting for over 8 months. It did undergo lot of mishandling and drop offs but it's hard as good as brick the ruggedness which I noticed only in old nokia's.
IMHO I'd go for micromax/spice/karbonn anyday - it's like don't buy maruthi/tata, save money and go for skoda/Volkswagen. Go for whatever is affordable...maintanence, part failures are common everywhere.

Hrishi

Statistics say MMX has poor after sales service and build quality is indeed poor compared to other branded products.
No to MMX if you want to keep your phone for a longer duration and expecting good quality.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Guys,

Today i checked mobile store, and loved its big screen size, amazing phone at this price. It looks so expensive. ;) Good for show off. Getting MMX A100 for Rs.9800. Can i buy this, or should i wait for any other brand ?

I've heard that MMX are going to launch DUAL CORE mobile also... but no date, and still no price mentioned. :(

So you mean A100 is back in markets? Last time I checked it was not available in any store. (Checked around 3-4 stores). And it was not available anywhere online including Flipkart too.

I wanted to buy it for someone who have not entered the Android world. And owing to A100's big screen and good battery of 2000 mAh, I was inclined towards it's purchase.

I think it's time to give companies such as Micromax some credit to create competitiveness. If Indians won't give Indian companies a chance, I don't think our country could ever prosper.

Hrishi

^ first ask them to build something good. they will definitely deserve a chance then. They don't build durable products.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, I agree, company like MMX are definitely helping to get better products at cheaper prices.

But, even my Micromax experience is not good, they have feature rich products but they hardly last long. If I am going to buy something from MMX then I will make sure I have its substitute or I am just buying for 2-4 months use, after that if that doesn't work, its fine and if still works then good .

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
So you mean A100 is back in markets? Last time I checked it was not available in any store. (Checked around 3-4 stores). And it was not available anywhere online including Flipkart too.

I wanted to buy it for someone who have not entered the Android world. And owing to A100's big screen and good battery of 2000 mAh, I was inclined towards it's purchase.

I think it's time to give companies such as Micromax some credit to create competitiveness. If Indians won't give Indian companies a chance, I don't think our country could ever prosper.

I checked two MOBILE STORE, and both have only 1 piece. One local shope challenged me that he will get stock within 3 days, and ready to sell at Rs.9700 (Rs.100 less than mobile store) ;)

But i'll buy from MOBILE STORE they rae giving 1yr extended warranty at Rs.99 and if u want theft issuance then just pay Rs.149 extra. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
for theft insurance check the fine print.

last time I checked Sangeetha Mobile's theft insurance it read something like this.

warranty covered only if you mobile is taken be a person in a threatening manner or by force

pickpocket, loss of phone by misplacement was not covered. :|

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Well, I agree, company like MMX are definitely helping to get better products at cheaper prices.

But, even my Micromax experience is not good, they have feature rich products but they hardly last long. If I am going to buy something from MMX then I will make sure I have its substitute or I am just buying for 2-4 months use, after that if that doesn't work, its fine and if still works then good .

Guys, today my frnd bought MMX A100, i just used for 1hr. and I'm in love with this phone, it has amazing screen quality, high resolution with high PPI. :) Now I'll buy this tomorrow.

Top Bottom