xbox 360 controller with nexus 5

rabjabber

Journeyman
hey guys, i have a nexus 5 running cyanogenmod 11. i recently bought the apacer a510 usb otg cable and it works just fine with pendrives and mouse. however, when i tried to connect it to an xbox 360 controller, the controller's lights kept blinking but nothing happens i cant controll anything. help?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You need drivers to be installed on PC to use the controller. Unless someone ports drivers for XBox controller on Nexus 5, you can't use the controller.
You can use Nexus 5 as a controller for PC tho, albeit no use for you. :p

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
You need drivers to be installed on PC to use the controller. Unless someone ports drivers for XBox controller on Nexus 5, you can't use the controller.
You can use Nexus 5 as a controller for PC tho, albeit no use for you. :p

no thats not true, android does [unofficially] support xbox 360 controller. head over to youtube and you'll find many video tutorials. none of them work for me as for some reason my phone doesn't recogonize the controller as an input device. i installed tincore keymapper and i could control my phone with the controller but i cant figure out how to make it work properly

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
In that case, does any of those methods work with Nexus device unrooted? If not have you rooted your Nexus?

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
In that case, does any of those methods work with Nexus device unrooted? If not have you rooted your Nexus?
all of the youtube videos just say plug and play and they have nothing to do with whether the phone is rooted or not
i have cm11 installed. thus my phone is rooted.

Weird cause my Xperia Z also with cm11 works fine with the x360 controller
do you have to use usb/bt joycentre or zincore keymapper or anything?
i also tried it on my brother's phone (nexus 5) he is running mahdi rom. same result...

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The kernel running on your phone needs to have driver for Xbox 360. May be the stock Android kernel of Nexus 5 doesn't.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The kernel running on your phone needs to have driver for Xbox 360. May be the stock Android kernel of Nexus 5 doesn't.

You fail to notice in the first post that OP is running Cyanogenmod on his N5.
@OP: Maybe you need to get newer version of the ROM you flashed or reflash the same.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@OP: Maybe you need to get newer version of the ROM you flashed or reflash the same.
I'm sorry for my failure. Forgive me.

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman

Idk about that but cm11 seems to be the issue. I tried it on a stock g3, it worked! Then I flashed stock on my phone and now it works. I'm now running android l developer preview. The controller works in this too. But it didn't work on cm11 or dirty unicorns. Those are the only two roms I tried. Maybe it works in others...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok. Glad it worked. Thanks for the udpate. Would be beneficial maybe if I get myself a Nexus 5.
Btw.. would you be playing Asphalt on it using the controller? Does the Android game support it?

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
Ok. Glad it worked. Thanks for the udpate. Would be beneficial maybe if I get myself a Nexus 5.
Btw.. would you be playing Asphalt on it using the controller? Does the Android game support it?
Yeah asphalt 8 seems to support my controller perfectly (Xbox 360 wired)

Top Bottom