Status
Not open for further replies.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
In chip they gave Xandros desktop linux distro.I tried that and when the instal process starts it loads the linux kernel,detects hardware and so on thyen goes blank.I have always had problem with my nvidia and my monitor`s low horz refresh rate.[/i]

gauravnawani

Journeyman
vignesh said:
In chip they gave Xandros desktop linux distro.I tried that and when the instal process starts it loads the linux kernel,detects hardware and so on thyen goes blank.I have always had problem with my nvidia and my monitor`s low horz refresh rate.[/i]

Personally I didnt find Xandros attractive, first its KDE (no pun for but those who love it), then the demo CD does not really offers but very basic things, I dear say even Knoopix has much more stuff packed, infact for very strange reasons they choose to keep off Gimp!!

What NV chip are you using? and what is the max refresh rate at max resolution?
Have you tried Fedora, they also have KDE if you prefer that. The hardware detection of Fedora is much better than most of others.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
I also have it in one of my PC and Fedora detects its fine.

You can get a copy of Fedora1 from here.
*www.roseindia.net/linux/fedoracore3.shtml

But be aware that Fedora4 is releasing on monday.

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Even mine is detected in Fedora.This problem occurs before installing or while intializing the installation

gauravnawani

Journeyman
vignesh said:
Even mine is detected in Fedora.This problem occurs before installing or while intializing the installation
Can you explain the problem more clearly, as when it occurs, do you use any other OS does it works fine.

Your monitor specs??, Make sure you have right refresh rate with right resolution, many monitors dont like incorrect settings. One more thing does the Monitor gets auto detected with right model number??

When it goes blank is there any Hardisk activity after??

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
There is nothing in DEsktop 3. tbhey have only added a TRIAL version of CRoss Over Office. I am greatly disappointed with that.
AA

gauravnawani

Journeyman
There is nothing in DEsktop 3. tbhey have only added a TRIAL version of CRoss Over Office. I am greatly disappointed with that.

Crossover office is not free bTw, why would they provide it free on a demo CD??

Use Wine instead, they are same, of course COO has be more enhanced but most win applications work fine in wine.

vrnoormd

Broken In
Hi, Just Boot from Xandros CD it gives first instruction to you "press SHIFT for Troubleshooting".

press SHIFT key, it gives too many options, you can select "256 Color Setup" in the given option and Press ENTER and install Xandros step by step as usual installation.

After installation completed, you can change the 256 color resolution to 16 bit or us your wish.

Thats all.

I meet the same problem with my AGP card. Now no problem with XandrOS completely installed with Windows XP SP2.

Try it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
i tried 256 colour and vesa setup and even pressing tab and typing
hsync=50 startx.Nothing works.The screen goes blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom