Would a Redmi K20 Pro be a good buy?

Darshan Singh

Broken In
I am planning to purchase Redmi K20 Pro as it seems to be a sweet buy at Rs. 23000. I just want to know if there are any known issues with this device.

A reviewer on YouTube said that he faced reception related problems with this phone. I belong to a rural area and although the area I live in has good reception of most networks, some phones struggle sometimes. So I want to know if anyone has faced such problem with this phone.

I know the front camera is crap but that is no concern for me as I almost don't use it.

The second thing I want to know is about the software. I want to have the latest gesture features (swipe up to close, for multitasking) but the reviews I have seen this phone in show the old three button layout. Would updating the phone give me those features and does this phone retain its performance after updating to Android 10?

Please address these concerns.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
K20 pro is older device (K30 Pro is out but Xiaomi India is reluctant to launch it :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: ) and I won't consider K20 Pro because it lacks OIS in main camera. Fill this:

*geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.134349/

dissel

Cyborg Agent
The second thing I want to know is about the software. I want to have the latest gesture features (swipe up to close, for multitasking) but the reviews I have seen this phone in show the old three button layout. Would updating the phone give me those features and does this phone retain its performance after updating to Android 10?

Please address these concerns.

Those 3 button lay out is nothing but a mode, you can easily turn off the feature and enable the fullscreen viewing area with gesture feature - This is out-of-the box feature of MIUI for the K20Pro, Not to depend / wait for any upgrade.
I’m using POCO F1 much older than K20Pro which got the feature from the Day 1.

23k for K20 Pro 128GB is good if you don't care much about software updates. it got android 10, should receive 11 & maybe a few more updates of just MIUI. S855 is a great SoC & AMOLED is great to have, esp notch free. Only other good option is Realme X3 but that lacks AMOLED, but 120Hz LCD is great for gaming.

Fill the questionnaire.

Top Bottom