Wireless headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 vs Sony MDR-XB950B1 vs Skullcandy Crusher

angie

At last the devil is here
Has anyone owned them?

Skullcandy Crusher amazon 9655 (40 hours battery)

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Amazon 7,490.00 (18 hours battery)
Sony MDR-XB950B1 Amazon 12,591.00 (25 hours battery)

Skullcandy Crusher has the highest rating of 4.1/5.
Sennheiser HD 4.40 doesn't have comparable bass to the other 2.
Sony has only 1 year warranty as opposed to the others having 2.

All 3 have aux cable support and microphone as well.

Sony XB950B1 is also listed here as well with a rating of 4.5.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
ARISE, NECROBUMP

avoid skullcandy like the PLAGUE.
i have used 2 of their products (IEM and wired supraural cans), there were too many PHYSICAL defects that turned me away, nevermind the actual terrible sound quality.

what will you do with warranty? if it lasts more than 3 months with heavy/careless usage, it will last forever with gentle use.

go with sony/senn. both are sensible choices.

some more advice if you're buying wireless.

1. see if it supports fast charging/quick charge/emergency charge. my wireless set has this feature. i can charge it from zero battery for 2 minutes and it gives me 10 minutes of usage.
2. check the comfort. i CANNOT stress this enough. i stopped using skullcandy cans because the headband was too tight and the can's padding was some synthetic material that chafed a lot. look for comfy padding, make sure the cans can swivel in BOTH directions (thanks a lot shitty shitcandy), and they have some resistance to swiveling. make sure you can extend/shorten the headband.
3. check if you can use them while charging. mine does not support this. some do.
4. check if they are prone to slippage.
5. check if you can easily find the L/R orientation in dark/low light conditions. i've died a lot in online games coz i put my 'phones the wrong way and got shot from behind :D put a sticker/tape somewhere discreet.

Top Bottom