Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Microsoft today released the Windows Vista upgrade advisor which scans your computer hardware & advices u how to upgrade your computer for the best windows vista experience.

Although today they have also relesed information, on the minimum & recomended system requirment. Seems like the CPU requirment are mostly met by people, but the RAM requirment is quite high

To be Vista-capable, a machine needs at least an 800MHz processor, 512MB of memory and a graphics card that can run DirectX 9 graphics. To carry the Premium Ready designation, a PC must have a 1GHz processor, 1GB of main memory, 128MB of memory and a graphics card that supports Vista’s new graphics-driver model.

Currently, as I check on the oldest PC i could find among my friends, it says that a P4 1.5 GHz, FX 5200 with 128 MB RAM & 1 GB RAM can properly run Vista premium with Aero. However it also said that it requirs 15 GB on C:\ Drive, right now i only have it set to 10 GB which works properly for XP. Maybe even 80 Gb is going to be small for Vista + the new application

The Product Page

To run the advisor U will need .net frame work 2.0. It doesn't require an internet connection

Last edited by a moderator:

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Checked ugh VISTA is going to crate big holes in my pocket says to upgrade RAM ,HDD graphics adapter............................. seems need to buy new PC

Netjunkie

In the zone
You will need to take the following actions to run Windows Vista.

Additional hard drive storage

15GB free space required (Your computer currently has 1.72 GB)
You will either need to:
a) upgrade your hard drive to increase its capacity, or
b) create additional free space on your existing drive by removing unwanted files.

15GB :mad:

15GB Free space just for an OS to function??
WTF??

OP
G

gxsaurav

maybe 15 GB is not the final size, as it will have more optimisation & low debug codes

Anyway, seems like I have to upgrade to a new computer anyway, due to the fact, that my 865GBF, Audigy, might not get proper drivers, but even i would advice to upgrade the PC only after Vista is released & u have tried it once

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Its a good software.Atleast we got an idea of what upgrades are required!Will Vista run with Aero on FX 5200?Will it be slow?

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
YEah it a good software.....
dont match my PC.... PC got 768mb ram(640 + 128 shared)
BUt i had already tried VIsta beta on this.....
works stable with Aero .....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
We're sorry, but your PC cannot currently install and run the core experiences of Windows Vista.
However, you may be able prepare your computer for Windows Vista by upgrading your PC hardware.
You will need to take the following actions to run Windows Vista.

Additional hard drive storage

15GB free space required (Your computer currently has 3.80 GB)
You will either need to:
a) upgrade your hard drive to increase its capacity, or
b) create additional free space on your existing drive by removing unwanted files.
If you decide to upgrade your hard drive, we recommend 40GB capacity at minimum for premium editions of Windows Vista. Contact your PC retailer to see if an upgrade is available.
LOL!
I have a 250 GB hard drive with more than 200 GB free. I guess the software just checked the partition in which Windows XP is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom