Windows Built-in firewall , How Reliable...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabster

In the zone
I don't think so that Windows Firewall is even a single percent reliable....

I tried updating Adobe reader and actually it should block adobe reader from internet access but no, windows firewall didn't even give a warning that adobe is trying to access the internet. crap!

Anyways what are the capablilities of windows firewall then..?
will install commodo firewall, though dont like the newer heavy UI used by commodo..

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Windows Firewall blocks all incoming traffic and not the outgoing traffic.It follows the policy that if no bad traffic can come inside,no bad traffic can go outside too.
I think windows firewall is sufficient for a normal guy who doesn't do much on the net.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yeah,the windows Xp inbuilt firewall is crap.The one in Vista is both(incoming & outgoing traffic) & it's much secure.
I suggest you install some third party firewall.Zonealarm or Comodo.Both are good.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
XP firewall is useless. Vista at least provides two way protection. to make vista firewall more controllable download and use this utility: Vista Firewall Control. its more like a frontend to the built in firewall and give some configurable options and pop ups.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
dabster said:
will install commodo firewall, though dont like the newer heavy UI used by commodo..
use "jetico firewall" best one or "look n stop"(paid) both are excellent firewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom