Windows 10pro boot process takes upto 7/8 min to boot why?

Ganeshg44

Broken In
Hi
RRecently upgraded to win 10pro from win 7 ultimate.....the boot process takes nearly 7/8 minutes to complete and even after that takes 2/3 min to stabilize background process....want to know why....my config is as follows
Amd phenom ii b60 x4 , 8gb DDR3 ram, 500gb SATA HDD,650ti gfx.....
Thnx

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Your issue can be summarized in just one word, "Windows 10".
It's a bloat, even in a moderately modern machine. And your machine is a decade old?

Some suggestions for an old machine is to, install an SSD and move the OS to the SSD while keeping the HDD to store other files.
Or simply move to Linux. Mint being a good starting choice.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You can try to debloat the windows.
An easy way to do that is to disable all unnessary services, such as cortona, skype, one drive (if you don't use it), even windows updates service.
This is a good video to follow (he even made a powershell script to debloat for you):

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ssd is the best option. Even with optimizations, nobody should use hdd as boot drive.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OP
G

Ganeshg44

Broken In
An easy way to do that is to disable all unnessary services, such as cortona, skype, one drive (if you don't use it), even windows updates service.
This is a good video to follow (he even made a powershell script to debloat for you):
Thanks will definitely try today

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Before spending on SSD (Which you should anyway) do a complete format and install windows 10. Fresh install VS upgrading is very different. Upgrading usually sucks.

Another thing (very important) windows comes with a lot of bloatware which many of use don't really need. You can use trial version of revo pro and Ccleaner to remove unwanted windows app.

This is how mine looks like:

1610794757674.png

Do all of this on a 120 GB SSD you get a rocket for day today usage.
Fresh clean install + Debloat windows 10 + SSD :)

Last edited:
OP
G

Ganeshg44

Broken In
Yes will try that to thnx
Before spending on SSD (Which you should anyway) do a complete format and install windows 10. Fresh install VS upgrading is very different. Upgrading usually sucks.

Another thing (very important) windows comes with a lot of bloatware which many of use don't really need. You can use trial version of revo pro and Ccleaner to remove unwanted windows app.

This is how mine looks like:

View attachment 19901

Do all of this on a 120 GB SSD you get a rocket for day today usage.
Fresh clean install + Debloat windows 10 + SSD :)
Yes will try this too thanks...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The SSD upgrade, even a low capacity high speed one will make a ton of difference. I'm guessing even your programs take crazy amounts of time to start and load, that also gets fixed by this

OP
G

Ganeshg44

Broken In
Does the script require internet connection to run

Top Bottom