Wifi Router not working (or blocked? :confused: )

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
When I insert ethernet cable to Netgear n150 router or a Tp link one, my connection shows no internet access whereas when i insert the same cable to the back of desktop then it connects successfully. Connection is of Tikona broadband, have talked to CC they say they'll call back in 72 hours... these routers suddenly stopped working. Haven't made any changes to them. Internet access requires a login by entering 1.254.254.254 in the address bar. I raised a complaint on 15th & I did get a call today evening but I was outside & couldn't receive it. They say this will be the last time we'll arrange a call back. Failure to receive the call again will result in no help from CC in future & local engineer will only be arranged to visit.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPs like tikona use mac address to limit net connection sharing.Use mac spoof/clone option in your router to set router mac address same as mac address of the pc on which connection works.Restart router after applying new settings & check that router is now using changed mac address of your pc.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
thanks buddy ...that worked !!!
In my netgear settings there was an option which asked whether my internet conn requires a login... I checked Yes as I do login before using internet but settings worked when I checked No.
And in MAC address option, I set it to "Use computer MAC address".

Top Bottom