Wifi MAC filtering for internet speed

A

amit.tiger12

I am using TP Link TL-WR740N wifi router.
I use below address for changing security for wifi.
*192.168.0.1/
My net has 2 mbps speed. I want one of the device (android mobile) to get specified speed.
For example if I set up XYZ mac address with 200 kbps speed. Only that mac address should not go above 200 kbps. All other should use or can go upto 2 mpbs. How to do these setting for speed purpose. Please can anyone explain that.??
Thank you...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Check for QoS Settings.

- - - Updated - - -

MAC Filtering only allows those devices to join the WiFi which are declared. Or vice versa.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

Thanks a lot. Got link for the same..
*www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=194

But i want to set speed for different devices not for ips.

Can you help me again. How I can prioritize devices for getting best speed?means if I have 4 devices and all are connected including computer. My priority goes to 1st computer then my mobile and then other devices. In the absence of these devices i.e. computer and my mobile, it will give speed 3rd prior device.
Do we have any setting like this on TP-Link.???
And where I can suggest TP-Link to add these features if its not there?

I also own the same router at my college hostel. We have set up MAC filtering. I've seen an option which allows devices to retain a particular IP i.e they will have same IP each time you connect that device to router. Try to find that option. After that try to throttle speed for IPs

puneet_84

orthopaedic surgeon
its called DHCP reserved IP setting which you can do from DHCP server menu..
Just assign IP of your choice to MAC address.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

I will try and please give step by step guide... for different devices on same wifi, having "speed cap".. how to?

Top Bottom