Wierd problem with my net

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
This is a rather wierd problem. I have WinXP Pro and ethernet based net connection. After enabling the local area connection and starting Firefox, I get a login page where I enter my username and password.
After getting logged in, I get a page showing me details like hours used, MB's downloaded etc. Generally I get download speeds of 6-7 kbps.
But for the past few days, after logging in, the second page didn't load but I could download at speeds in excess of 100 kbps. Now once again i'm getting logged in properly and my speed has dropped to 6 kbps. Can someone explain how this happened and is it possible to get unrestricted speeds again?

daj123

Journeyman
are you using Sify broadband? I think the second page is authenticating your system. But since it doesnt load correctly the authentication is bad. Hence the download restrictions may not be applied BUT you're connected to the server hence you can download WITHOUT restrictions.

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
ok. so im getting great speeds because the authentication was bad. but how did the problem go away on its own and how do i get back the high speeds?

daj123

Journeyman
drvarunmehta: there might be a CRON job which periodically checks the clients which are connected to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom