which core to buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersaiyan

In the zone
hey guys
i want to buy an athlon xo 64 3000+ or 3200+
but the problem is that in delhi the venice core is not available which i believe is the best among the available cores.
the available cores are newcastle barton and winchester
so which one should i buy
btw i would be using it for gaming and graphics editing
pls post the contact details of the dealer if u know that he/she has the venice core

mario_pant

In the zone
if u ask me it depends on the OS u would be using.......... but i would suggest you should buy barton core.... that kind of wide variety of $hits is not available here in chandigarh.... we just get the newcastle core here.....

PS: hurray this is my 200th post!!

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
@mario_pant

barton was for the Atlon XP's not Athlon 64

only if u weren't in such a hurry to get high number of posts :lol:

G

gxsaurav

hmm,look for San diago or new castle

but venice should be available, atleast on order

Kniwor

Learner
mario_pant said:
if u ask me it depends on the OS u would be using.......... but i would suggest you should buy barton core.... that kind of wide variety of $hits is not available here in chandigarh.... we just get the newcastle core here.....

PS: hurray this is my 200th post!!

@mario_pant
Do u have nothing more important to do than posting wrong information around,

There is nothing like "Athlon xo 64" or even "Athlon XP 64" does not exist.
Athlon XP's were made on barton core... and they are discontinued...you might get mobile processors though...

"AMD Athlon 64" processors exist.

as for the original question about cores, I'd like to correct gxsaurav for the wrong information he has given...

San Diego is not there for 3000+ or 3200+,
Newcastle is on 130nm die, winchester is on 90nm, same as venice, less heat, better overclocker, so winchester is superior core to newcastle. Also gxsaurav, i do not mean any offense but will u please point me to where did u gather that information that newcastle is better than winchester.

Let me post here the order in which the cores are better

San Diego
Venice
Winchester
Newcastle
Clahammer

Now I think ur question is pointless becuse u should easily get venice in delhi, if u dont i'll tell u where to get, i've a friend there who can provide u.
As far as Venice is concerned look for E6 revision if u can get, which is out in US, the part number will look something like ....BW, or BWBOX,
But u might not get E6 revision....
so u can have E3 revision part number ...BP, or ...BPBOX.
That's what i have.

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
@kniwor dude i posted because the venice core is not available. but u r saying that u know where to get it. so could u pls give me the contact details.

Kniwor

Learner
supersaiyan said:
@kniwor dude i posted because the venice core is not available. but u r saying that u know where to get it. so could u pls give me the contact details.

*www.teka2z.com/

I've a friend there who has this site running, maybe he'll get u venice, gimme a day or two and i'll provide u with more information, and believe me, that venice core is worth waiting for

"Because it has improved memory controller, apart fom the SSE3 support that has been added", so it's worth waiting, i had to wait about 15 days to get venice core back when it was uncommon, it's common now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom