Which compression is best for distributing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I want to mail my friend a file of size 20 mb, I don't know the command line so i used win zip then win rar then 7zip but all could compress only up to 10 to 12 mb

what or how can i go further deep

I am saying this because

1. i got a game cd (REMEMBER SINGLE CD) containing GTA-sand andreas full version ie about 4 cd in 1 cd . In that i had to de rar other cd contents, which came to be whooping 1.3 GB.

2.Also i had a old cd which had 4 in 1 games collection( full version ) , in that they used some ms-dos like program which used to self execute but the compression factor is ...........about 4 GB of game files in 1 CD.

Last edited:

aj27july

Journeyman
use UHARC to compress games. it is a commandline compression software. it surpasses the compression ratio of winzip and winrar extremely easily.
to get more compression, use KGB Archiver and save files in kgb format. it is the software that can compress a 700 mb movie into 50 mb!!!! this has been proved!!!! I even saw a website offering MS OFFICE in kgb format. The original file size was about 350 mb. but after compression, it was only about 3 mb. i downloaded the file. and i swear to god that the files was working. i tested it myself. but compressing in kgb can take hours. and decompression takes nearly the same time.
;)

now you know the 2 best compression softwares.

Josan

Gangsta
@aj27july i realy Tnx you for providing this information ****************************************
Can you Plz tell me that where you find this software

Josan

Gangsta
LOL Kgb is good but take a lot of time and secondly it is not able to compress mp3 files to a good level ?

hav You got some other compresser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom