When will Android 12 update come for this smartphone?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I have a Motorola Moto G 5G (2020 model) smartphone,running on Android 11.
Any idea,when A12 will be released for this model?

Moto has been slow with updates, so it will either get it late or never get it. Not sure what Moto's android policy is these days. I think earlier they just gave 1 OS update to budget phones, but I can't say with 100% certainty.

*www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_5g-10577.php

It booted with android 10, so if it got 11, it might be EOL.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Moto has been slow with updates, so it will either get it late or never get it. Not sure what Moto's android policy is these days. I think earlier they just gave 1 OS update to budget phones, but I can't say with 100% certainty.

It booted with android 10, so if it got 11, it might be EOL.
Problem is being a 5G phone, under settings->network->Sim->preferred network, only •4G/LTE
•3G
•2G
are present as settings.

How do I enable 5G???

Problem is being a 5G phone, under settings->network->Sim->preferred network, only •4G/LTE
•3G
•2G
are present as settings.

How do I enable 5G???
There should be a 5G/4G/3G/2G auto mode. After that, it depends on your manufacturer to provide software update to enable 5G for supported Indian bands.

What kind of software? Who will provide?

No Bro., there is no such mode present inside Motorola Moto G 5G smartphone!!!:x
Manufacturer will provide the update to enable 5G. When 5G was rolled out on 15 Aug 2022, most smartphones in the market didn't have it enabled via software in India. Most of them got the update by Nov-Dec.

Maybe Moto will take its sweet time to roll out 5G update in an old phone.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Manufacturer will provide the update to enable 5G. When 5G was rolled out on 15 Aug 2022, most smartphones in the market didn't have it enabled via software in India. Most of them got the update by Nov-Dec.

Maybe Moto will take its sweet time to roll out 5G update in an old phone.
Seems that sweet time will never come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom