What to do with partially damaged laptop

srdigit16

In the zone
I have a 8 year old HP g6-2132tx laptop. Bluetooth & usb ports are not working. Also the bottom cover screw holder is broken & the repair person have glued it instead making it difficult to open. It's hard disk & display seems ok. Few keys in keyboard have to be pressed hard. Battery is also not holding charge & it runs only on electric power. What can I do with this laptop?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 345628

Consider donating to some needy student ? It would be very useful to someone especially now .

I mean , you can use it as a media center or load up your hard drive , which is a pain in the ass . But I dont see any actual use . If you really can do something you must have figured it out already .

Some people dont have what we have , Im sure he/she will be glad to receive it .

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Judging by the condition that the laptop is in, even giving it away for free would put a burden on whoever receives it. I think it's better to dispose it off.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I have a 8 year old HP g6-2132tx laptop. Bluetooth & usb ports are not working. Also the bottom cover screw holder is broken & the repair person have glued it instead making it difficult to open. It's hard disk & display seems ok. Few keys in keyboard have to be pressed hard. Battery is also not holding charge & it runs only on electric power. What can I do with this laptop?

Use screen as second monitor, use hdd as ext. hdd, use camera with usb, This is all that can be salvaged

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Can the HDD be attached to a desktop computer to expand it's storage?

Top Bottom