What makes QuickPic so quick?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
We have read so much about the Cheetah Mobile takeover of QuickPic. And I have been searching for a good replacement.

Suggested are My Roll, Piktures, A+ Gallery, Gallery by CyanogenMod team.

None of them are able to reach anywhere even near the speed of QuickPic. And some take a long time to update new photos like more than 10 minutes.

So why is this so?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Do you large amount of images on your device?? 10 Minutes to update the Gallery seems very unusual.. Yeah I have used QuickPic and its very good when compared to others.. Unfortunately no other gallery apps stands equal to it..

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Do you large amount of images on your device?? 10 Minutes to update the Gallery seems very unusual.. Yeah I have used QuickPic and its very good when compared to others.. Unfortunately no other gallery apps stands equal to it..
Yes. Some application counted 15000+ images in all. Most of them are small icons or such I think.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Yes. Some application counted 15000+ images in all. Most of them are small icons or such I think.
Why do you want icons to be included in gallery? Create a .nomedia file in that folder so that media scanner will exclude it. And this will speed up the scanning/updating of other gallery apps.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Why do you want icons to be included in gallery? Create a .nomedia file in that folder so that media scanner will exclude it. And this will speed up the scanning/updating of other gallery apps.
I don't want! Just being lazy to hunt down all those folders. Will probably do it sometime soon.

Come to think of it, I don't even need all those photos in the phone too. Long time since housekeeping.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
May be it refreshes itself everytime it is used. May be everyone else is just doing full scan and they are using some technique like rsync.. :p

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
May be it refreshes itself everytime it is used. May be everyone else is just doing full scan and they are using some technique like rsync..
No, that can't be true.. Refreshing everytime the app is opened, can easily hog the battery if the collection of images is very high. It may be using very good caching of images and advanced algorithm to load images faster.

satinder

DELHIITE
No, that can't be true.. Refreshing everytime the app is opened, can easily hog the battery if the collection of images is very high. It may be using very good caching of images and advanced algorithm to load images faster.
They may be using thumbnails list.
This list is in your Image folder named DCIM in hidden mode.

satinder

DELHIITE
Why can't others use it too?
It is difficult to say.
But it creates Cache memory of its own and
may be it has better image resizer software that is inside it.
Those making app can tell more about these things.
I am not at all into making apps.
I can assume about these things only.
I personally use QuickPic since I purchased Android Mobile in 2013.

Top Bottom