Want to buy a 14" inch Gaming Laptop - 60k to 80k

toshar

New to this forum
Hi All
I am selling my i7 4770, 16GB DDR3, 1070ti 8 GB Desktop computer. Looking for a comparable laptop for all kind of purpose - Gaming and little CAD Software. I relocate yearly to different countries and even in different states of India for work purpose and don't want to carry my desktop PC along further. Its old anyways now. Requesting you all to please suggest and filter my search as the google gives just too many options.
1) What is your budget?
-
Around 70k. I don't want to spend a lot as I am afraid that nowadays technology and gadgets doesn't last very long. I can bear loss and repairs of a 70k laptop but not 1.5 lakh machine.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
- I don't mind thickness but smaller is better. 14" is what I crave for. I use to have Acer Aspire 5378 which was very heavy and it did hurt my back. I think of HP Omen Transcend 14 but its way to costly.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook? - Everything. This will be my primary machine. Carrying all the data, family photos, movies, games, etc. I use Solidworks and Flow Simulation Analysis software but less frequently. I love to play Games - On ultra settings as far as they are above 60 FPS. I never played or used a higher refresh rate screen. My 1070ti 8GB and i7 4770 was enough to run games on highest possible setting at 1080p.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
- i7 for future proof, 16 GB minimum as default demand, RTX 3060,70,ti,4060,70,ti anything would work. Will they really perform better then a desktop grade beefier heatsink, 6 heatpipe 1070ti GPU? I always wonder if chips inside tight space works similar to desktop or worse.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
- I would avoid Chew, Xiomi, Redmi, Mi, etc. Asus, Acer, HP OMEN, Lenovo, Dell have good after sales support in India.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

• Screen resolution - Higher the Better, 1080p or 2k would be enough. I will be using external monitor anyways.
  • Battery back up - 3 Hours of backup is more then enough for me. Getting AC supply is not an problem for me. Most of the time it will be kept in home connected to external monitor.
  • Purchase place - India, Qatar, Dubai, Russia, USA, Canada. I live in Qatar so getting it from here is easy, or from India. Will have to ask my friends to bring if from USA or Canada.

• I recently purchased Apple Macbook Air M1 in ramadan sale for ~50k for my girl. I really like the build but not the OS. I like windows UI. If I can remove mac OS from apple machine and install Windows 10 and play games of my choice then would love to go this way.
  • I really like ASUS Vivobook S Flip 2 in 1 Laptop, 14", Intel Core i5-12500H, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home, TP3402ZA-LZ070W. Here it is for 44k whereas in India it for 80k or something. The build is good, size is good, but it doesn't comes with GPU or good thermal sollution.
  • In office I use very old i7 4th gen HP Omen + GTX 1050 and man I love that laptop. Full metal build, sleek, LED treatment around dual heatsink exhausts. How much HP Omen 14 Transcend will cost?
  • I am waiting for sale for Razer Blade 16 RTX model. Price drops upto 4000 Riyals (90k INR) with Headphones and mouse free.
  • So far I have filtered my search to Asus TUF laptop with RTX 3060 GPU. Doesn't any of its model comes with i7 and costs around 70k?
*geek.digit.in/community/attachments/1717490692938-png.22892/*geek.digit.in/community/attachments/1717490625657-png.22891/

khalil1210

In the zone
Were you able to decide and make a purchase.

There is some sale going on in Amazon and Flipkart.. May be you can get a better deal with card discount.

Top Bottom