UPS with battery charge level indicator

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It is sad that this feature is missing in all brands.

The best I could find was a Luminous model with 3 LEDs indicating states such as charged, low charge etc.

There are some APC models at 10 K and above but the reviews are very bad and frankly I do not have that much cash anyway.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be frank,this feature is not that useful anyway because ups is supposed to be a safe shutdown option while such level indicators are meant for systems with prolonged usage.If you live in some area where you have to worry about charge level indicators then it is time to get a backup power solution like home inverter with batteries.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Is there any desktop UPS with charge level indicator for home use?
APC Power-Saving Back-UPS Pro 1000 with LCD Display | APC 1KVA UPS
This is not a Home UPS but 1KVA UPS for PC.
APC has UPS's for home but they are costly.
Network and Server - APC India
These UPS's above are for network servers but the best of the best.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The reviews for 1 KVA unit on Amazon are brutal. Quality and service of APC has substantially gone down it seems. And my area is not serviced by APC anyway.

Also far above my budget.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The reviews for 1 KVA unit on Amazon are brutal. Quality and service of APC has substantially gone down it seems. And my area is not serviced by APC anyway.

Also far above my budget.
Maybe in some circles APC isnt doing but in the south APC service is impeccable.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
To be frank,this feature is not that useful anyway because ups is supposed to be a safe shutdown option while such level indicators are meant for systems with prolonged usage.If you live in some area where you have to worry about charge level indicators then it is time to get a backup power solution like home inverter with batteries.
True but this question arose because my desktop refused to start randomly and became alright after changing U)PS battery but now is again back to old habits within a week. I want to know if it is because battery is not getting charged.

Desktop refuses to start at home but happily starts in a different place

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
True but this question arose because my desktop refused to start randomly and became alright after changing U)PS battery but now is again back to old habits within a week. I want to know if it is because battery is not getting charged.

Desktop refuses to start at home but happily starts in a different place
Check with the local electrician about the socket you are plugging in. whether it has earthing or not and during monsoon the walls get damp and sometimes it may not work. All kinds of things will happen during monsoon. So check 1st and come to a conclusion. Okay.
While I was in hyderabad same thing happened, no earthing and my components got fried and I have to RMA them, luckily nobody refused even though it was burnt damage to my CPU socket.

Top Bottom