brainwork

Right off the assembly line
Dear friends,

Presently I am using assembled PC (assembled in 2005) with AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor with MSI motherboard (MSI RS482M4-IL). The PC is having 2x512MB RAM (Hynix/Simmtronics - lifetime warranty) and 1 TB Seagate HDD. I am using Windows XP on the system.

I have noticed that the system has become very slow as compared to my office PC (i5 processor HCL make). So I was thinking of upgrading my system. I already have cabinet, Corsair VS350 SMPS, Monitor, Keyboard Mouse etc.

So my request is :
1. Please suggest a Motherboard-CPU-RAM Config within a range of 15000 Rs. for using the PC for watching movies, net surfing and occasional games (very less).
2. I can also get these components from United States through one of my friend, as there is going to be a sale on 4th July. So I might get the components cheaper. So please suggest keeping this point in mind.
3. Should I also get a SSD just for my boot drive, and use my HDD as storage?

Please suggest.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
answer these *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
B

brainwork

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Home use- that means web surfing mainly. Some excel/word work to do kids homework. Downloading movies from torrent. Encoding burning DVDs through Nero. Playing games such as Need 4 Speed occasionally. Watching movies on VLC Player
Main applications will be Google Chrome browser, Adobe reader, Avast antivirus, Zonealarm/Comodo Firewall, Nero9

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Around 15000/- INR, but I am planning to spend less by procuring from USA sale on 4th July.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No. Didn't overclock my existing AMD also.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Currently Windows XP, later Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have 1 TB Seagate HDD & 2 TB WD HDD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I already have Samsung 20" 16:9 Syncmaster B2030 monitor. Current Resolution is 1600x900, but monitor supports 2048x1536 also

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I only need Motherboard, CPU (with cooler) and RAM. I already have Keyboard, Mouse, PSU, DVD writer, Monitor. I don't want external graphics card.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Planning to get the parts by 4th July 2014

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have done it myself many times.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live at Delhi. I don't mind online, but I might be procuring from USA.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I hope this are all the details...thanks for your help in advance.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
you wont get any international warranty on mobo or ram. better get it from here. you can get the cpu from US though. i think intel offers international warranty.

Top Bottom