Universal android debloater - No device found

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have been thinking about doing this debloating thing for a very long time, I got time and I tried. Unfortunately, it didn't workout.

Platform tool detects the phone, but Universal debloater tool is not detecting the device. Tried installing USB driver, but it's throwing some error. Tried installing along with android studio and sdk manager, again the same error. Device manager too showing the device but I don't know why UAD is not detecting the device. Any help would be appreciated.

*i.imgur.com/vdT4lFC.png

*i.imgur.com/Yot7WJe.png

*i.imgur.com/jV884km.png

*i.imgur.com/2jiuIiC.png

*i.imgur.com/RAhHAdn.png

*i.imgur.com/4qO3goJ.png

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Can't such tools connect to Android wirelessly?
I have successfully connected my Android TV using the tool ADB App Control, to debloat my TV by removing the apps remotely.
So a phone should also work.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Can't such tools connect to Android wirelessly?
I have successfully connected my Android TV using the tool ADB App Control, to debloat my TV by removing the apps remotely.
So a phone should also work.
I don't know. After couple of hours banging my head, I stopped. Just reset the phone to factory default (first time in the 5yrs) and got about 8GB of free space out of 16GB. Feels bit smoother, with debloating could've gotten some more space. Anyway I had a window to try, now it's over.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Use this to remove the bloatware:

*forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-ad...mate-app-manager-debloat-tool-tweaks.4147837/
Tried this one with Redmi 4 and it showed over 200 apps and "basic" only listed 13 of them. Manually I picked 7 of the 200+ apps and uninstalled. Didn't get much free space out of that. Since I didn't know which other apps are safe enough and/or I won't be needing, I didn't proceed any further with uninstalling or disbaling any apps.
Mi coin/Pay (3)
Facebook (3)
Getapps (1)

DestGod

Journeyman
Tried this one with Redmi 4 and it showed over 200 apps and "basic" only listed 13 of them. Manually I picked 7 of the 200+ apps and uninstalled. Didn't get much free space out of that. Since I didn't know which other apps are safe enough and/or I won't be needing, I didn't proceed any further with uninstalling or disbaling any apps.
Mi coin/Pay (3)
Facebook (3)
Getapps (1)
For debloating via ADB platform tools, did you type adb shell after detecting your device?
I had the initial confusion as well, where I kept typing the uninstall command and it simply would not work. So I typed "adb shell" and presto, it started working.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
For debloating via ADB platform tools, did you type adb shell after detecting your device?
I had the initial confusion as well, where I kept typing the uninstall command and it simply would not work. So I typed "adb shell" and presto, it started working.
Nope, I used GUI version (the one Saiyan shared). It asked for AC bridge installation after launching. We need to enable "Install via USB" option which I didn't at first. Later I enabled and it went fine after that.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Tried this one with Redmi 4 ...
Mi coin/Pay (3)
Facebook (3)
Getapps (1)
Uninstalled some more apps
Google Play Movies
Google Play Music
Mail
Quick Apps
Mi Video
Music
Drive
Photos
ShareMe
Weird thing is free space got reduced after uninstallation. I was hoping for more free space, but now I end up with lesser space. All the apps I installed (after factory reset), I have removed. I don't know why Apps & app data and Other files size gets increased after uninstallation of the above apps. System storeage stayed same though, glad that didn't act weird.

After reset, there was about 8GB of free space. Now I have little over 4GB of free space with no apps installed from playstore or from anywhere.

Top Bottom