Ubisoft's latest games won't be on Steam in UK

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
[Update: It seems that Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity, and The Crew won't be available via Steam from anywhere, as the listings for all three games have been pulled from the service entirely. We've reached out to Ubisoft for more information and will update if and when we receive a reply.]

Are you staring intently at the Steam store, waiting for the release of Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Unity and The Crew? Stop! You're looking in the wrong place. At least, you are if you live in the UK. Ubisoft has confirmed that their upcoming titles won't be available on the UK version of Valve's digital store.

“We’ve been in discussions with Valve about Assassin’s Creed Unity but for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,” a Ubisoft representative told PCGamesN.

“In the meantime, UK customers wishing to purchase the game digitally can do so by visiting the Uplay store, our retail partners or other digital distributors.”

Those other digi-game distributors include GreenManGaming and GamersGate.

The reaction to the news has been interesting. I've been idly following people's response on Twitter this morning, and overwhelmingly, it's been negatively received. And I get it—Uplay is an awful stain upon any hard-drive it touches. It's as much dirty protest as distribution client.

But, Uplay would be part of the package whether it had been bought through Steam or not. I bought Splinter Cell: Conviction on Steam; but that didn't stop Uplay being the thing that deleted my save games. Twice.

Is the convenience of having a game listed in your Steam library that big of a deal? Seemingly, for many, it could be.

Link : PC Gamer

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like Ubisoft is slowly pulling out of Steam. Soon they would abandon it completely.

quicky008

Technomancer
Why are they doing so?Isn't it going to have an adverse effect on their thriving business,given that a huge majority of gamers(especially in developed countries) rely on steam these days to obtain the latest games?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This is blatant greediness. They don't want to pay Valve and want to keep the profits for themselves. EA did the same with Origin.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
This may be because of the negative reviews on Ubisoft games on steam.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
They brought it upon themselves. By locking the framerates, the furious gamers went on Steam and tagged their games as "30 FPS locked" and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw this on reddit /r/pcmasterrace

*i.imgur.com/6xqaJYR.jpg

Top Bottom