TV Audio issue

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I have a 32" SONY HDTV ( yeah i knw its small). I use amazon fire stick to watch content. Except Netflix all other apps have very poor voice. The voice of people chatting are not properly audible for which i have to increase the volume but as soon as some sound other than people chatting comes the sound becomes deafening resulting in very poor experience. I did purchase a jbl soundbar during fk bbd sale but couldn't get it to work it so returned it.
I want to know which kind of solution would be best for me and enhance the overall experience whether a home theater or a bluetooth speaker etc .
I have no issue when channels of tata sky are running. All chatter is audible clearly.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is because of improper audio channel output mixing in your tv from amazon fire stick/apps. I am guessing most content you watch on amazon/apps have 5.1 channel audio but your tv is only processing 2 audio channels(usual stereo left & right) so people voices volume is very low because of the loss of remaining audio channels but whenever any action scene/sound fx comes then you hear loud audio because such sounds are usually not distributed among all channels but only 2-3 audio channels. What audio outputs you have on your tv & what connection the tata sky set top box uses?

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
This is because of improper audio channel output mixing in your tv from amazon fire stick/apps. I am guessing most content you watch on amazon/apps have 5.1 channel audio but your tv is only processing 2 audio channels(usual stereo left & right) so people voices volume is very low because of the loss of remaining audio channels but whenever any action scene/sound fx comes then you hear loud audio because such sounds are usually not distributed among all channels but only 2-3 audio channels. What audio outputs you have on your tv & what connection the tata sky set top box uses?
You guessed it right. I am only using the TV stereo speakers that came with it. Usually this tv's voice is not at all low considering a 10"*12 or 10"*15 room. but in apps like prime video, jio cinema, hotstar, etc .(except netflix, i think because i select the non 5.1 audio in the audio options in netflix, im able to hear clearly). So what do i do here? also whether installing any third party speaker would enhance the experience, im up for it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Installing any 3rd party speaker will solve this issue only if your tv can output untouched audio which is possible only via hdmi(arc enabled) or optical audio output & both require you buying expensive audio gear which I think is not worth it especially for old 32" model. Better to just get a bigger & better tv or try searching for audio settings in apps/fire stick to see if you can switch to stereo or dolby digital.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Installing any 3rd party speaker will solve this issue only if your tv can output untouched audio which is possible only via hdmi(arc enabled) or optical audio output & both require you buying expensive audio gear which I think is not worth it especially for old 32" model. Better to just get a bigger & better tv or try searching for audio settings in apps/fire stick to see if you can switch to stereo or dolby digital.

There are two hdmi slots one of which is ARC enabled. Fire stick and tata sky both need hdmi. How can i have these two connected with one hdmi slot?
which speaker to buy?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't, you will have to manually plug/unplug each time you want to switch. Does your tv have any optical audio out?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/Logitech-Z625-Powerful-Speaker-Black/dp/B01JPOLLKE

Check this review:
*www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/RAX920B65QMD2/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01JPOLLKE

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
also one weird issue i always face is I have enabled in the fire stick settings that my tv remote should work with it. But many times when i turn on the tv or switch to fire stick from tata sky the tv remote is not working. I switch to tata sky and switch back to fire stick then it starts working. This does not work all the time in one switch. I may have to do multiple switches until the tv remote starts working with the fire stick & sometimes it doesn’t work at all then i have to use the mobile app to control fire stick. The tv remote is very handy to control it compared to the app.
I have lost the fire stick remote that came with it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
really? would i run into colour quality issues with vu? is it better than sony? If its good then i would want to go for 50” tv
Going by online reviews & comments it is quite close but in case of audio/tv it is always subjective so I only recommend to see it in person before deciding. I have seen a few VU tv in malls before last year & found them quite good for their price. You can always ask on hifivision forum TV section for even more detailed replies & reviews.

Top Bottom