trouble installing graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
hi !
following r my pc specs

kob p4m266 ndfsmx mobo(*www.kobian.com/products.php?productid=53),512 mb ddr 266 ram,win 98se on seagate 20gb,win xp pro on samsung 80 gb hdds.

i have been trying to install to install geforce 4 mx440-8x graphics card but my pc refuses to boot initially and later i cant get ne display.

help ne one ?

godzi_85

In the zone
dude did you chk your bios... if the onboard agp is active... if it is switch to your graphics card...and chk it again... also connect your graphics card to your monitor.. i think you`ve already done that..

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well buddy i tried and tried but still was not able to get ne thing.
looks like my mobo is incompatible with the graphic card.

if u guys have ne other tricks up ur sleeve pls post it.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Ther is NO such thing as incompatibility betn mobo and gfx card. Did u install the correct drivers?

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
yes i did install all the drivers from the cd provided with the card but still no results and the same blank screen

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Check all connections properly and whether your SMPS is able to provide sufficient power to the gfx card.

pantheratigris

Broken In
I also have the same graphics card and i couldnt install it easily. CHeck your Bios. See if the AGP graphics is enabled. There will be an option for AGP aperture size or somethin. Set that to 64mb. Choose AGP as primary display device. Then go to windows and install the nVidia drivers on both windows and then set the resolution and colour and other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom