The SIM Card is dislodged!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
The SIM Card is dislodged!! Switch your phone off n turn back on !!!

I had bought a new Sony Ericsson T230 moblie a week back .... After i got out of a crowded mumbai local i took my phone out of mu jeans pocket to c if it was OK !!
But :-( there was a message on the screen saying "The SIM Card is dislodged!! Switch your phone off n turn back on !!!"

I switched off the phone and turned it back on ..... it started fine and is now working fine till now (14 hours after the incident)

well can anyone tell me what the problem is ?? is it some major problem ???

Regards
Arvind

theraven

Technomancer
very old sim ...
gold contacts faded off
scratched probably
phone might have experienced trauma ...
any of the above could be the problem
solutions are
take care of ur phone and dont drop it ( DUH!!! )
remove sim and clean contacts with a lil alcohol
actually the above are very crude and might work for a lil while longer
i suspect ur sim is too old and scratched
get a replacement sim for ur new mobile

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
hi
thanks for your reply .... actually i got a new phone and a new Orabge prepaid SIM ..... and not even a week adn i got such a message :-(

well what did u mean by "phone might have experienced trauma "??

is my phone faulty ....
regards
arvind...

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm
by trauma i meant u mustve dropped it or something
anyways the problem DOES seem to lie with ur phone

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
hi buddy
do u think that my phone is faulty and i should immediately contact the dealer or company to get it checked ?? or replaced??
regards
arvind

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
iinfi hey Pal dont' worry theres really no problem with the phone...it just happens sometimes..Like when theres is a contact lost betweem the Sim and Cell or the battery or Cell....you just need to reboot meaning restart the phone and you are done...
It may have happened as you had your phone in your pants pocket and the pressure may have loosned the contact..!!!!!
Anyway no need to exchange or press for warranty...i dont even think the seller will give you one as theres really no problem with the phone.. :p

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
hi freshseasons
thank you very much for ur nice reply ... i was really worried .... :) u have lightened my heart .... well mate HAPPY DIWALI .... bye
regards
arvind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom