The Laptop for creators

Also I will wait for the R7 + 1660 TI variant to be launched in India. I mean if I am spending around 75K for 1650, why not just pay a little more to get the 1660. R9 are better paired with the 2060 or better, but the combination is costly.

Now uptill today, Acer and Asus both have launched 1-1 laptops with the new 4000 series CPUs in India, lets wait and see what Dell, HP and Lenovo have in their buckets. Will it be worse or will it be better?
Dell G5 15SE is worse than TUF A15 thermally, Steven of Ownordisown has a unit already & put its thermal review. It runs at 100C while maintaining 3GHz on load (he said that the power readings are wrong in a post).

Waiting for more models is surely the only sensible option now, if you can wait.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Dell G5 15SE is worse than TUF A15 thermally, Steven of Ownordisown has a unit already & put its thermal review. It runs at 100C while maintaining 3GHz on load (he said that the power readings are wrong in a post).

Waiting for more models is surely the only sensible option now, if you can wait.
Yes waiting seems to be the only option right now, might expect better devices at the end of 2020. Also nothing on the new Legion 5/ 5i, if anyone gets some good reviews on them please share.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Asus just now announced that they will probably be releasing the 60k variant of the TUF A15 next week. They also said that we can expect the R7+2060 and R7+1660TI variants by then on Amazon.

Asus just now announced that they will probably be releasing the 60k variant of the TUF A15 next week. They also said that we can expect the R7+2060 and R7+1660TI variants by then on Amazon.
An Asus India rep said that A15 with R7 + 2060 was supposed to be priced 95k in a comment on Reddit.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Saw a review on Lenovo Legion 5 15. It has 1 SSD slot, one HDD slot, a set of Dual Channel RAM. What impressed me was the thermal options. The 5 15 can be considered to have best thermal options among all AMD laptops launched this year. Along with having exhausts that are not blocked at all, properly aligned fan vents and dedicated heat sinks along with with a common heat sink unlike the ones offered by Asus and Dell in their AMD laptops, pushing the AMD CPUs to the limit they are meant to be at.

For better reviews we will have to wait for their formal launches.

Saw a review on Lenovo Legion 5 15. It has 1 SSD slot, one HDD slot, a set of Dual Channel RAM. What impressed me was the thermal options. The 5 15 can be considered to have best thermal options among all AMD laptops launched this year. Along with having exhausts that are not blocked at all, properly aligned fan vents and dedicated heat sinks along with with a common heat sink unlike the ones offered by Asus and Dell in their AMD laptops, pushing the AMD CPUs to the limit they are meant to be at.

For better reviews we will have to wait for their formal launches.
Problem is, max GPU option is capped at GTX 1650Ti & prices are high.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Problem is, max GPU option is capped at GTX 1650Ti & prices are high.
Yes that is the only issue I can see for this variant as TUF A15 on same specs is way cheaper. It appears to me that by the end of September we will have a fair amount of machines available on AMD 4000 series APUs to chose from.

OP
P

Prashant97

Broken In
Yes that is the only issue I can see for this variant as TUF A15 on same specs is way cheaper. It appears to me that by the end of September we will have a fair amount of machines available on AMD 4000 series APUs to chose from.
Lets hope so. I have been tracking the Ryzen 4000 globally and to tell you the truth not a single machine launched up till today is in any way good. Lenovo's Legion looked some what promising if they price the machine reasonably. The G14 and G15 although are impressive but the exhausts and soldered RAMs beat them down heavily. Acer's Nitro 5 might be something to go for considering the price that we have seen for Acer machines. If my source is correct then it's going to have similar specs as of Legion 5. We might also see an entry from HP but this one might not have a Dedicated GPU. Not going to mention the Razor, MSI entries for Indian markets, no point buying them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom