Telecom Discussion (Jio | Airtel | Vi | BSNL)

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Strange thing happened with Airtel sim. Active plan is ₹598, 1.5 GB per day.
Yesterday, I was syncing backup files to cloud storage and downloading some torrents. And data usage went beyond 1.5 GB.
I did not get any messages about 50% 90% data consumed. First I thought it was 10 GB extra benefit I was using so I checked with Airtel app.
But there was no 10 GB benefit, and 1.5 GB of data was unused. On same day I used ~14 GB data.
Today same situation, proper 4G speed around 3.5 MBps speed getting on computer via USB tethering with newly purchased POCO X3.
Do I need to worry?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yes. Talk to customer care if you are unable to see any active plans on App. They might charge you for all the data and balance might go in negative. This happened with me only once, long time back, my balance went nearly Rs.-100.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Yes. Talk to customer care if you are unable to see any active plans on App. They might charge you for all the data and balance might go in negative. This happened with me only once, long time back, my balance went nearly Rs.-100.
Now that 1.5 GB daily quota ended finally.
Almost consumed 10 GB data today (~25 GB in 2 days) before your reply.
Then while trying to reach customer care, I got msg about 50% data consumed. So not called customer care.
Let's see what happens tomorrow.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
balance went nearly Rs.-100

Just a small query, does the balance goes negative even on prepaid SIM?

As far as I know, they block my net even before I consume whole quota. Like I get 2gig/day but they stop at 1.85-1.95. gigs and they use to start giving out alerts about pack expiry 7days before. I use Airtel SIM .

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just a small query, does the balance goes negative even on prepaid SIM?

As far as I know, they block my net even before I consume whole quota. Like I get 2gig/day but they stop at 1.85-1.95. gigs and they use to start giving out alerts about pack expiry 7days before. I use Airtel SIM .
Yes, that was a prepaid sim. But this was long time back when their back end application won't block internet service after few mins of exhausting the data and by the time it finds out internet data is over, they have already charged for the data, so the balance went in negative.
I am using VI now and they block the service once the balance is Rs.0.02, But I will never trust these guys and always call to customer care in case of queries like OP.

Top Bottom