Suggestion to buy a router than can be used via SIM card only

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
I am looking for a router that can run via SIM card only to connect to my laptop and mobile. I work at a psu bank and I am posted in a rural area where the signal strength is very weak.

I currently use AirTel 4g dongle and Jio Dongle to connect my laptop and phone. Sometimes they don't get any signals and sometimes they do. I need to keep them outside the house door hanging via a charger in order to get minimum signals. This place doesn't have any broadband providers too. So a router that can work via SIM card is my only option.

I want to know if there is any device that can work with a SIM card in it but with better signal boosting capabilities. I simply don't want to keep it hanging outside the door. So I am looking for any device that can intercept the data signals better and provide access via wifi to my laptop and mobile.

I don't know if the device i need is called a router or hotspot exactly, so pardon me if i am wrong here.
PS: BSNL, Vodafone, Idea don't work in this area. Only little bit of Airtel and Jio signal here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I meant something that can receive signals more strongly than the dongles.
No device can increase the service provider's signal strength in your place, you may hope for a bit better reception on a different device but that can only be found out using a hit & trial method so not really worth considering.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You could contact the service provider to either increase the signal strength from their tower or put up a new one closer to your location.

Top Bottom